Last Updated on December 19, 2022
Have you ever wondered what the sky is? A grand canopy that shelters us from the unknown, or a spiritual plain gifted to us by The Deity? The sky is a wondrous celestial sphere that instills feelings of hope and courage.
The first thought to strike us when we think of the sky is its color. Its shade is a gorgeous blend of the Arctic and Cerulean blue. It tints the oceans with its flare, giving them an infusion of warm cobalt blue.
Skies are also associated with a wide range of sentiments. On brighter sunny days, they radiate warmth, hope, passion, and courage.
On rainy days, it turns to a gloomy monotone grey. And some days, it sends down thunder that reminds us of its wrath – even something as soft as the sky has an aggressive side to it!
What do you think of when you think about the sky? Read these quotes, and they’ll make you soar!
Beautiful Sky Quotes
1. “I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.”
– John Masefield, ‘Sea Fever’.
2. “So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?”
– Pink Floyd, ‘Wish You Were Here’.
3. “Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the
Promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue
– Pink Floyd, ‘Goodbye Blue Sky’.
4. “Can’t keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit…”
– Pink Floyd, ‘Learning To Fly’.
5. “So happy just to be alive,
Underneath the sky of blue…”
– Bob Dylan, ‘New Morning’.
6. “Holding hands at midnight
‘Neath a starry sky…”
– Billie Holiday, ‘Nice Work If You Can Get It’.
7. “I am inspired by anything beautiful. Sometime it’s a pair of eyes or flowing gorgeous hair, other times it’s the sky or a sunset.”
– Nadine Velazquez.
8. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
– John Lubbock.
9. “He was pointing at the moon, but I was looking at his hand.”
– Richard Siken.
10. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.”
– Ram Charan.
11. “And still, after all this time,
The sun never says to the earth,
‘You owe Me.’
Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.”
12. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.”
13. “The sky is always beautiful.Even when it’s dark or rainy or cloudy, it’s still beautiful to look at… it’ll be there no matter what… and I know it’ll always be beautiful.”
– Colleen Hoover.
14. “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke.
15. “No matter how tough my life was, I was always looking up at the sky and wishing for good things.”
– Mahira Khan.
Sky Is The Limit Quotes
Sky is the limit when you’re dreaming about something and if you have it in you, then sometimes it can even be higher that the sky. These quotes will inspire you to dream big.
16. “Listen for the magic word of motivation and you will hear it. And then? Well, the sky is the limit!”
– Norman Vincent Peale.
17. “The sky has never been the limit. We are our own limits. It’s then about breaking our personal limits and outgrowing ourselves to live our best lives.”
– Walt Disney.
18. “Every time someone tried to explain to me there are limits to what one man can do, I pointed to the boundless sky and said, ‘There is the limit’.”
– Jaiprakash Gaur.
19. “The sky is the limit. I’m just following where life takes me. It’s been an incredible journey.”
– Christina Aguilera.
20. “If you put yourself around people that want to be productive, that want to make the most of what they have, then the sky’s the limit.”
– Davone Bess.
21. “If you’re given a chance, and you’re driven and obsessed and consumed when given the opportunity to prove people right, the sky is the limit.”
– Matt Nagy.
22. “The sky is the limit, so go for it. And do not create any self-imposed limitations.”
– Nick Saban.
23. “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”
– Paul Brandt.
24. “The number of ways you can live in one lifetime is limitless. So why limit yourself? The sky is not the limit. Beyond the universe is.”
– Suzy Kassem.
25. “If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky is the limit.”
– Joel Brown.
26. “Never, ever, let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do…The sky’s the limit. Your sky. Your limit.”
– Tom Hiddleston.
27. “Every situation can be substantially improved; even the sky is not the limit.”
– Eliyahu Goldratt.
28. “Sky is the limit, never doubt yourself, stay focused, never let anything slow or stop you from concurring your goals and making your dreams happen!”
– Myles Jury.
29. “Aim for the sky, but move slowly, enjoying every step along the way. It is all those little steps that make the journey complete.”
– Chanda Kochhar.
30. “I believe that if we get out of people’s way, the sky’s the limit. The sky is the limit.”
– Glenn Beck.
31. “Don’t forget that birds with broken wings walking on the ground were once flying high up in the sky.”
– Mehmet Murat ildan.
32. “Hills that stand soft and a sky that stands high and blue…and always, always, hazy strings of mountains that fall and fall away on the horizon.”
– Khaled Hosseini.
33. “Humans are the only creatures with the ability to dive deep in the sea, fly high in the sky, send instant messages around the globe, reflect on the past, assess the present and imagine the future.”
– Sylvia Earle.
34. “Aim for a star, and keep your sights high! With a heart full of faith within, your feet on the ground and your eyes in the sky.”
– Helen Lowrie Marshall.
35. “The world felt as high as the depthless night sky and deeper than she could know. She understood, suddenly and keenly, that she was too small to run away.”
– Shannon Hale.
36. “Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.”
– Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
37. “I sing my heart out to the infinite sea
I sing my vision to the sky-high mountains.”
– The Who.
38. “I colored hope yellow, just like the sun we could see for a few short morning hours. Too soon the sun rose high in the sky & disappeared from view, leaving us bereft and staring at blue.”
– V. C. Andrews.
39. “Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.”
– Sonia Gandhi.
40. “When things pile sky-high on top of each other, I try to take a moment to: breathe, smile, repeat.”
– Ian Somerhalder.
41. “Once I had asked God for one or two extra inches in height, but instead he made me as tall as the sky, so high that I could not measure myself.”
– Malala Yousafzai.
42. “Today they’re praising you sky high, place you on a pedestal, and tomorrow they don’t want to know you.”
– Mark McGrath.
43. “I’m still fly, I’m sky high and I dare anybody to try and cut my wings.”
44. “So fine was the morning except for a streak of wind here and there that the sea and sky looked all one fabric, as if sails were stuck high up in the sky.”
– Virginia Woolf.
45. “I don’t see anything wrong in someone wanting to be famous or having sky-high ambitions.”
– Randeep Hooda.
46. “Your story matters, who you are matters, tonight matters, none of it is an accident. You were born for the blue skies.”
– Jon Foreman.
47. “The sky was a fresh-swept blue, with only a trace of white cloud clinging to the dome of heaven like a thin streak of test paint”
– Haruki Murakami.
48. “I love to soar in the boundless sky. In the vast emptiness of the blue, my soul rejoices listening to the soundless music of the wind.”
– Banani Ray.
49. “My experiences remind me that it’s those black clouds that make the blue skies even more beautiful.”
– Kelly Clarkson.
50. “You will see the blue sky spreading endlessly above you and smiling down.”
– Aya Kito.
51. “Complete people gaze into the blue sky above, plunge into the center of the earth below, and run freely in the eight directions without even a change of mood.”
52. “Every time I see the sunshine in the bright blue sky, I cannot help but think how blessed I really am to see another day.”
– Donna Karan.
53. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, rejoice, for your soul is alive.”
– Eleanora Duse.
54. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.”
– Debasish Mridha.
55. “This is my vision-what I imagine I’ll pass through on my way to the light. The blue sky, the clouds, the rays of light.”
– Julie Anne Peters.
56. “Because gray clouds hang heavy with misery, blue skies seem bluer.”
– Richelle E. Goodrich.
57. “I thank you God for most this amazing day
For the leaping greenly spirits of trees
And a blue true dream of sky.”
– E. E. Cummings.
58. “Beauty is and always will be blue skies and open highway.”
– Dave Hickey.
59. “The soft blue sky did never melt Into his heart; he never felt The witchery of the soft blue sky!”
– William Wordsworth.
60. “I’m a ‘blue sky thinker’ and dream big.”
– Hilary Knight.
61. “But who could bear to know which stars were already dead, she thought, blinking up at the night sky; could anybody stand to know they all were?”
– J. K. Rowling.
62. “The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.”
– Frederic Lawrence Knowles.
63. “Hope is a helium balloon. It is a wish lantern set out into the dark sky of night.”
– Sharon Weil.
64. “Once calmed, it naturally expands, and ultimately her mind becomes as vast and immeasurable as the night sky.”
– Lao Tzu.
65. “When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I’m like a star; sometimes you can’t see me, but I’m always there.”
– Jayde Nicole.
66. “The storm long past, the night sky was beset with stars. Pointing upward, I asked her to pick a point of light and stay with it.”
– Michael Poeltl.
67. “Like the night sky in the Greek poem, I see with myriad eyes, but it is still I who see.”
– C. S. Lewis.
68. “Looking up into the night sky is looking into infinity – distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless.”
– Douglas Adams.
69. “I watch the stars materialize, like someone is dimming the switch on the night sky so each shining dot grows brighter and brighter.”
– Jennifer Salvato Doktorski.
70. “Teach me your mood, O patient stars. Who climb each night, the ancient sky. leaving on space, no shade, no scars, no trace of age, no fear to die.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
71. “No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky.”
– Llewelyn Powys.
72. “Even today the most jaded city dweller can be unexpectedly moved upon encountering a clear night sky studded with thousands of twinkling stars.”
– Carl Sagan.
73. “The moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky Are all asleep to-night.”
– William Cullen Bryant.
74. “There was always something new to be seen in the unchanging night sky.”
– Fritz Leiber.
75. “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.”
– Haruki Murakami.
76. “They are like the birds of the sky,… And they echo your song.”
– Kahlil Gibran, ‘Jesus, The Son Of Man’.
77. “…While a bolder note than this might swell
From my lyre within the sky.”
– Edgar Allan Poe, ‘Israfel’.
78. “The desolate, deserted trees,
The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees…”
– Robert Frost, ‘My November Guest’.
79. “To that far sky where mystic births begin,
Where dreaming ears the angel-song shall win.”
– Vachel Lindsay, ‘Star Of My Heart’.
80. “Set the bird’s wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky.”
– Rabindranath Tagore.
81. “I like the sky. You can look at it forever and never get tired of it, and when you don’t want to look at it anymore, you stop.”
– Haruki Murakami.
82. “There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.”
– Victor Hugo.
83. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”
– A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
84. “The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.”
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
85. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
– Rabindranath Tagore.