Last Updated on May 17, 2022
Graduation is a significant milestone in a person’s life. It’s the culmination of years of hard work and determination.
For most graduates, a graduation ceremony is usually a bitter-sweet experience. That’s because it marks the end of one era and the beginning of a bold, new one.
For the rest of us, the least we can do is to help our favorite new grads commemorate this auspicious occasion in style. It doesn’t matter whether they’re earning a program certificate, high school diploma, or university degree, every new graduate deserves to be honored and celebrated.
One way to celebrate a new graduate is by sending them thoughtful wishes that will inspire them to go boldly in the direction of their dreams.
But finding the right word combinations to write on a graduation card can prove challenging. That’s particularly true for those of us who don’t have a way with words. Even the most imaginative writer will suffer the dreadful writer’s block from time to time. If this happens around the same time a relative or friend is graduating, you may find yourself struggling to put together a heartfelt congratulatory message for the new graduate.
Well, there’s no need to fret. We’ve curated a detailed collection of 60 most thoughtful wishes to dedicate to a person on their graduation day.
Short Graduation Congratulatory Messages
1. Best of luck on your new beginnings!
2. Caps off to the most hardworking graduate I’ve ever known
3. Cheers to the new graduate!
4. Congratulations and best wishes for your future!
5. Congratulations for achieving your highest academic milestone so far.
6. Congratulations on your well-deserved success!
7. Good luck on your new beginnings!
8. Happy Graduation Day!
9. Warmest congratulations on your graduation.
10. What an outstanding performance. Happy graduation!
11. Wishing you all the best on your graduation day.
12. You did it against all odds! Congrats!
Funny Graduation Congratulatory Messages
13. Congrats on filling a minimum job requirement!
14. Congratulations on getting through the easier part of life! Best wishes on the road ahead.
15. Congratulations! Now you can finally start getting paid for all your hard work.
16. Good looks, brains, heart, and now a diploma too? You’ve really got it all! Congrats!
17. Happy graduation day! Don’t forget to thank those who were always there for you during your time at school: Caffeine, Ramen, and Wikipedia.
18. Happy graduation day! Now go, and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for you being here.
19. Hard work: check! Diploma: check! Make some money: more checks!
20. My hope for you is that your awesome memories of college last longer than your student loans.
21. You’ve worked so hard and successfully completed your studies. Now the real work begins with your new teacher – LIFE!
22. Your brain is now worth thousands! You have the receipt to prove it!
Graduation Congratulatory Messages With Notes of Encouragement
23. Chasing a dream requires hard work, passion, and many sacrifices. We can’t wait to see you accomplish everything your heart desires.
24. Graduation is not the end, it’s just the beginning of a lifelong journey of learning. I can’t wait to watch you excel.
25. Keep going no matter what obstacles may try to get in your way. We know that you’re fearless and can overcome any challenges. Congratulations on getting this far on your quest for knowledge.
26. Never be afraid to follow your dreams. Remember, you’re the only person who can fulfill them. You’ve got this! Congratulations!
27. Never let setbacks take you off track. Stay focused and continue to chase your dreams!
28. Nothing can stop you now. Your next adventure awaits, and we’re excited to see where it leads you. Happy graduation day!
29. The road ahead will have its share of obstacles, but you’re incredibly ambitious and strong to overcome anything that comes your way. Happy graduation day!
30. Today is just one of life’s many sweet victories, be sure to stop and savor this incredible moment! Congratulations!
31. You’re on your way to greatness and witnessing your success is a joy and privilege. We will always root for you.
32. You’re on your way to seek new vistas, dream new dreams, embark on who you are. Remember to embrace life with passion and keep reaching for the stars.
Graduation Congratulatory Messages With Notes of Wisdom
33. Always do your best. Even when it goes unappreciated or unnoticed. Kudos on a job well done!
34. Always maintain a positive attitude and never stop believing in yourself. Confidence goes a long way. Kudos to you!
35. As you make your way in the world, never lose sight of the things that matter most. Congratulations!
36. Be bold, be fearless and watch your best self blossom while accomplishing your dreams. Congratulations!
37. Continue to set the bar high and attempt to exceed expectations. Happy graduation!
38. No one will believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself. Stay encouraged and always remember your worth.
39. Remember that you can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. Congratulations on your graduation. We couldn’t be more proud.
40. School may be over, but never stop asking questions. Questions are the keys to unlocking endless opportunities. Kudos for your achievements!
41. There will be times when the road seems bumpy, but never give up. Stay the course and the destination will be even sweeter. I know you can do it! Congratulations
42. When it seems like others are outperforming you on the path to success, keep in mind that everyone blooms at their own pace. Stay focused. Congratulations!
Graduation Congratulatory Messages With a Touch of Nostalgia
43. After years of hard work and sacrifice, it’s finally paid off. Congratulations!
44. From when you were little to this very day, you continue giving us reasons to hold our heads up in pride. Congratulations on your achievement!
45. I recall gracing the graduation stage many years ago. Like you, I was full of emotions. Feel them all and cherish this special day. Congratulations!
46. It’s hard to believe that today is finally here. It seems just like yesterday you were a baby playing with alphabet blocks, now you’re graduating. Congratulations!
47. It’s true what they say, time flies, but I’m glad we’ve created incredible memories together that I’ll cherish forever. Congratulations, graduate!
48. Know what makes your graduation extra special? It’s having watched you grow up, sharing amazing memories with you, and knowing all the challenges you’ve worked through to get to this day. You did it, kid.
49. Today will soon be a memory, so be present and relish every second of it. Caps off to you, graduate!
50. Your dedication and hard work have paid off. We are excited to see you soar!
Famous Graduation Quotes
51. All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them ~ Walt Disney
52. Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements ~ Napoleon Hill
53. Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today ~ Malcolm X
54. Fall forward. Every failed experiment is one step closer to success. You’ve got to take risks ~ Denzel Washington
55. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined ~ Henry David Thoreau
56. It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves ~ William Shakespeare
57. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye ~ Helen Keller
58. Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey ~ Michael Josephson
59. There is no excuse to wait a day to do what you want to do and to change the way that you want to change ~ Sophia Bush
60. Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead ~ Nora Ephron
Before sending out a ‘happy graduation’ card, it’s important to consider the relationship between you and the recipient. It’s also recommended to establish the graduate’s personality.
Above all, keep the graduation wishes brief and full of optimism. We hope you could find a suitable message to write on your next graduation card from the collection above.