Last Updated on December 19, 2022
Many of us feel like we have to be someone that we are not. We see people on our Instagram feeds or our TikTok feed with money, happiness, a nice body, a dream job or car, and we think to ourselves, ‘why can’t I have that?’ what have they done that I haven’t?’.
It can cause many of us to believe that we have not done enough, or worse, that we are not enough and don’t deserve all of these good things. The fact of the matter is, you are good enough, and you are special, you just may not realize it.
The very word ‘enough’ is dangerous in itself because everyone has a different view of what ‘enough’ is. Some may think that they have done everything that they can, but others may have done the same and feel like they have not done enough, eaten enough, lifted enough, run enough, read enough, tried enough, or written enough.
What you need to realize is, you can never be perfect, nobody can, regardless of how amazing their life seems, and just because you are not perfect doesn’t mean that you can’t be enough.
Recognizing that you are enough is a powerful mental breakthrough and may not come easy to a lot of people, but everything about you is a unique expression of your enough-ness. Before you read on, just close your eyes, and take three deep breaths.
In doing so, when you breathe in, think of something positive about yourself, something that you are proud of, or something that makes you happy. When you breathe out, look to breathe out any fear or anxieties that you feel may be holding you back.
That is what these 150 quotes look to help you realise, that you are perfect just the way you are, and regardless of any flaws, you are enough.
So whether you are looking to use the quotes to make yourself feel good, to motivate yourself, to inspire yourself to push that little bit harder, or just because you are curious, rest assured that there is something here for you and that You. Are. Enough.
1. “The freedom to be yourself is a gift only you can give yourself. But once you do, no one can take it away.”
– Doe Zantamata.
2. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.”
– Brett Hull.
3. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.”
– John Jakes.
4. “Be different; be unique; be yourself.”
– Christina Grimmie.
5. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.”
– Gerard Way.
6. “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.”
– Nikki Blonsky.
7. “Be yourself but always your better self.”
– Karl G Maeser.
8.”Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you are brave enough to be yourself.”
– J.K. Rowling.
9. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10. “Being yourself means shedding all the layers of looking good, wanting to be liked, being scared to stand out and trying to be who you think people want you to be.”
– Jeff Moore.
11. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
– Shannon L. Alder.
12. “Fully embrace the fact that you are enough just being you. It’s so important for women to champion each other instead of competing against each other. Believe in yourself and believe in all of the women in your life… imagine if we all supported one another?”
– Lizzie Velasquez.
13. “O my Lord, whatever share of this world. You have bestowed on me, bestow it to my enemies, and whatever share of the next world. You have for me, give it to my friends. You are enough for me.”
– Rabia Basri.
14. “The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.”
– Brene Brown.
15. “You are given this beautiful life because you are strong enough to give it a meaning.”
16. “You are enough exactly as you are, whether you believe it or not.”
– Pooja Ruprell.
17. “You are enough, which I believe is critical for any human being to get in their bones.”
– KaDee Strickland.
18. “Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are compassionate and kind. And with or without anyone’s acknowledgment or affection, you are enough.”
– Daniell Koepke.
19. “You are enough to start a movement. Individual people can come together around things that they know are unjust. And they can spark change.”
– DeRay Mckesson.
20.”To be happy you don’t need to be perfect. You just need to be real and accept yourself as you are because you are already enough.”
21. “And there’s only one way out of scarcity and that is enoughness. At some point, we just need to say enough: I am enough. What I’m doing is enough.”
– Brené Brown.
22. “You were always enough.”
– R.H. Sin.
23. “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.”
– Ellen Sue Stern.
24. “You are my everlasting home. Don’t you ever be afraid. I am enough. We are enough.”
– Sue Monk Kidd.
25. “You are enough because you make me enough for you!”
26. “You are always enough for those who truly deserve you.”
27. “You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.”
– Robin Sharma.
28. “You are enough. A thousand times enough.”
29. “At the end of the day darling, you are enough. You always have been. It may have taken you awhile to see that and to finally reach this place, but you have always been enough.”
– Lacey Ramburger.
30. “I exist as I am, that is enough.”
– Walt Whitman.
31. “I have learned that I am enough… I have learned that no one else can love me – for me.”
– Sabrina Ward Harrison.
32. “When I found you, my urge of going beyond and further stopped. So I say, you are enough.”
33. “The single most revolutionary thing you can do is recognize that you are enough.”
– Carlos Andres Gomez.
34. “You need not know what you are. Enough to know what you are not. What you are you will never know, for every discovery reveals new dimensions to conquer. The unknown has no limits.”
– Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.
35. “You are enough. You are so enough, it is unbelievable how enough you are.”
– Sierra Boggess.
36. “You have enough. You do enough. You are enough. Relax.”
37. “You are enough, just as you are.”
– Denise Linn.
38. “We often block our own blessings because we don’t feel inherently good enough or smart enough or pretty enough or worthy enough… You’re worthy because you are born and because you are here. Your being here, your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
39. “We are enough without all the things we buy to make us much more than we are or need to be, we are simple and complex and rare as is.”
– Sabrina Ward Harrison.
40. “You are enough for a plant like me to grow once and again.”
41. “It will start to hurt less one day, I promise. You are enough. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.”
– Josephine Saint.
42. “Sometimes it takes hitting that rock bottom to realize you’re done descending, and it’s time to rise. Sometimes it takes being told you’re nothing—being made to feel like you’re nothing—to help you see that you are complete. You. Are. Enough.”
– Mandy Hale.
43. “Do not be afraid to show the world who you are and what you are capable of. You are always enough for the right people. All those who do not see how great you are are not worth the bother.”
– Dr Anil Kr Sinha.
44. “If I could teach today’s young people one thing, it would be, that you are enough, every day, the way you are. You are loved from the top of head to the tips of your toes. You are an incredible creation, enjoy your own beauty.”
– Molly Mahar.
45. “Changing the world’s perception of Beauty starts with you. Your language about yourself and others. You are enough.”
– Christine Tremoulet.
46. “Life is so big. Do not try to fill it. Instead, expand within. You are enough for you.”
– Bryant McGill.
47. “Do not let anyone ever make you feel like you are not enough.”
48. “Your world needs you right now; don’t take your life. You matter, you are enough, and you are more.”
– Olawale Daniel.
49. “You are absolutely enough the way you are.”
– Laurieann Gibson.
50. “Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough.”
– Germany Kent.
51. “You will never be enough if you keep pleasing everyone.”
52. “Are you enough for you is the only question you need to answer.”
– L.E. Bowman.
53. “You are enough, just as you are. Each emotion you feel, everything in your life, everything you do or do not do… where you are and who you are right now is enough. It is perfect. You are perfect enough.
– Melanie Jade.
54. “Breathe, let go, and be in the flow of right now. In this moment, you are enough.”
– Lee Horbachewski.
55. “On those days when life feels overwhelming, remember that you are worthwhile, you are needed, and you are enough exactly as you are.”
– Sarah Hartley.
56. “Sometimes you have to realize that you’ve had enough to realize that you are enough.”
– Mandy Hale, ‘You Are Enough: Heartbreak, Healing, And Becoming Whole’.
57. “Life has not been able to break me and it will not break you. Stand tall for you are loved, you are enough, you are able, and in the end we will survive.”
– Donna G. Bourgeois, ‘Life With Ollie’.
58. “You are offered a new opportunity with each breath to think, decide, choose and act differently – in a way that supports you in being all that you are capable of being. You are not less than. You are enough.”
– Brittany Josephina.
59. “Believe in yourself. You are enough.”
– Caroline Ghosn.
60. “Why are you trying to be someone else when you are enough just the way you are?”
61. “Try your hardest to be confident in who you are. You are enough – you are beautiful.”
– Meagan Tandy.
62. “You’re allowed to assert your needs and take up space. You’re allowed to hold onto the truth that who you are is exactly enough.”
– Daniell Koepke.
63. “Remember you are enough.”
64. “If you are good at something, and especially, if people who matter tell you that you are good enough, you must follow that…”
– Mary Kom.
65. “The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free.”
– Brittany Josephina.
66. “All we have to do is forgive ourselves wholly and completely for ever thinking that we are not good enough!”
– Jodi Aman.
67. “It is easy to believe you are not good enough if you listen to everybody else.”
– Mackenzie Astin.
68. “You are good enough as you, so delete that Facetune app and step away from that really weird filter that makes you look smoother than Craig David.”
– Iskra Lawrence.
69. “There are a lot of people who give you the message that maybe you are not good enough, and the best thing you can do for yourself is to block out all of that noise.”
– Rachel Platten.
70. “All I can tell you really is if you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don’t let anybody crush your dream.”
– Patti LaBelle.
71. “But you’ve always been good enough. You’ve just been giving the best parts of you to the wrong people.”
– R.H. Sin.
72. “Somebody out there probably thinks you’re the greatest thing in the whole world. Don’t ever think you’re not good enough.”
– John David Anderson.
73. “I think age is just a number – if you are young enough, you are old enough – as long as you are good enough, age shouldn’t come into it.”
– Ashley Young.
74. “Your best will never be good enough, to the ones constantly searching for your flaws. But for you to be the best, you need to ignore your flaws and do your best.”
– Gift Gugu Mona.
75. “You are good enough, smart enough, beautiful enough, and strong enough. Believe it and never let insecurity and society’s perception on how you should run your life change your attitude toward your own reflection and personality.”
– Kemmy Nola.
76. “I always had that self-belief that I was good enough. You have got to believe you are good enough, otherwise there is no point…”
– Glenn McGrath.
77. “I was told I wasn’t good enough, but I just chose not to listen.”
78. “Stop wondering if you’re good enough. Know you are, and start acting like it.”
– Simon Black.
79. “Learn to walk in God’s perception of who you are, because yours is not good enough.”
– Graham Cooke.
80. “No matter what anyone says you are good enough. You are smart, beautiful and strong. Make an effort to believe it and not let your life be run by insecurity.”
81. “What I am is good enough if I would only be it openly.”
– Carl Rogers.
82. “You really are good enough, pretty enough, and strong enough.”
– Al Carraway.
83. “You are good enough, smart enough, beautiful enough, strong enough.”
– Lolly Daskal.
84. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.”
– Zoe Kravitz.
85. “You can’t really love someone else unless you really love yourself first.
– Fred Rogers.
86. “Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.”
– Tara Stiles.
87. “If you love yourself, you love others. If you hate yourself, you hate others.”
88. “Love yourself. Love the world. There is no power stronger than love.”
– Deepak Chopra.
89. “Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and there never will be again.”
90. “The moment you see how important it is to love yourself, you will stop making others suffer.”
91. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”
– Anna Taylor.
92. “When you love yourself, you automatically attract feelings of love for others around you.”
– Rhonda Byrne.
93. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
– Robert Morley.
94. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.”
– Jerry Corsten.
95. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
– Lucille Ball.
96. “Be your own biggest fan. Love yourself and give yourself the things that you need.”
– Mel Robbins.
97. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
– Alan Cohen.
98. “As you love yourself, life loves you back.”
– Kamal Ravikant.
99. “Love yourself and dream bigger.”
– Teresa Collins.
100. “Love yourself for who you are. You are beautiful inside and out, and nobody can take that away from you.”
– Christina Milian.
101. “You need to love yourself and be yourself one hundred percent before you can actually love someone else.”
– Christina Perri.
102. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It is sanity.”
– André Gide.
103. “Do you love yourself just as you are?”
– Deepak Chopra.
104.”Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past… Enough to move on.”
– Steve Maraboli.
105. “The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself.”
– Sahaj Kohli.
106. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.”
– Les Brown.
107. “You are a true success if you can trust yourself, love yourself, and be yourself.”
– Debasish Mridha.
108. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
– Roy T. Bennett.
109. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
– Charles Bukowski.
110. “You are amazing simply for hanging in there and holding on, no matter how hard things get! And for moving forward no matter how scared you are or how anxious you feel. Yep, you are awesome.”
– Karen Salmansohn.
111. “You are amazing. Well I can’t even describe you, you are more than amazing.”
112. “You’re amazing just the way you are.”
– Bruno Mars, ‘Just The Way You Are’.
113. “Dear you, yes you! You are amazing just the way you are, don’t ever change for anyone.”
114. “You inspire people, not by showing them how amazing you are, but by showing them how amazing they are.”
– Alexander Den Heijer.
115. “You are amazing, you are important, you are special, you are unique, you are precious, you are loved.”
116. “It may be tough at times but you are amazing so you can get through it!”
117. “You are an amazing person with unique talents. Have faith in your abilities.”
– Lailah Gifty Akita.
118. “You are amazing, don’t give up… because you are the best I know.”
119. “You are amazing just as you are. More beautiful than you can see, stranger than you feel, and more worthy than you will ever know.”
120. “You are amazing, and you shouldn’t let anyone tell you otherwise. No matter what.”
– Bryant Collins.
121. “You should never seek to be someone else, you are amazing.”
122. “You are amazing. And the more you recognize that, the more wonderful, caring, compassionate, powerful, beautiful, attractive, giving, genuine, wise, open, receptive, loving, brilliant, strong, joyous, courageous, inspired, inspiring, amazing you become.”
– M. J. Schrader.
123. “You are amazing. Own that!”
124. “Be yourself, be proud, stand tall. You are amazing!”
125. “Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin.”
– Helen Edwards.
126. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
– Jim Morrison.
127. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality, and duplicate it.”
– Bruce Lee.
128. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
– Oscar Wilde.
129. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh.
130. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
– Judy Garland.
131. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
– Coco Chanel.
132. “Fearlessly be yourself.”
– Anthony Rapp.
133. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical person that you are.”
– Mandy Hale.
134. “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.”
– Edwin Elliott.
135. “Remember, it’s ok to be yourself.”
– Richard Branson.
136. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.”
– Dave Pelzer.
137. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”
– Edmond Mbiaka.
138. “You change the world by being yourself.”
– Yoko Ono.
139. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself.”
– Bella Thorne.
140. “Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.”
– Geneen Roth.
141.”You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”
– Maya Angelou.
142.”It’s about waking up in the morning and saying: No matter what gets done and how much is done and how it’s done, I’m enough and I’m worthy of belonging and love and joy.”
– Brené Brown.
143. “Accept that you are enough. You don’t need to be anything that you are not.”
– Wayne Dyer.
144.”Don’t wait to do something just because you think you are not enough, time doesn’t know that.”
145. “Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.”
– Steve Maraboli.
146. “Live life. Be brave. Believe in yourself. Be kind to others. Smile daily. Love as much as possible, and always remember, you are enough.”
147. “You are enough just as you are.”
– Meghan Markle.
148. “You can’t say it enough: Your skin is beautiful – dark, light, in the middle, whatever. Brown is beautiful. Your hair is beautiful… Also, you are enough.”
– Nicole Byer.
149. “Accept that you are not perfect, but you are enough. And then start working on everything that destroys you. Your insecurities, your ego, your dark thoughts. You will see, in the end you’re going to make peace with yourself.”
– Finja Brandenburg.
150. “You deserve to be the protagonist of your own wonderful, bizarre, terrifying little life. If you decide you are enough, you are enough. You don’t need to wait for some grand external validation of your worth before you offer your kindest heart to yourself.”
– Kathy Brown.