Last Updated on May 17, 2022
In Buddhism and Hinduism, the concept of karma is defined as a force that is created by a person’s actions which end in negative or positive results. But the wisdom of this belief runs deeper below the surface of this simple explanation. We selected the top quotes that can bring you a better understanding of the meaning of karma.
- Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it.
- Karma is not just about the troubles, but also about surmounting them.
- You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.
- Revenge will never solve anything, karma will.
- What goes around comes back around.
- Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
- As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma.
- Realize that everything connects to everything else.
- Do good and good will follow you.
- Nobody deserves misery but sometimes it’s just your turn.
- Worthless people blame their karma.
- Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.
- When you do something bad: it comes back to you later.
- I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.
- Don’t worry, eventually, everything falls into its rightful place.
Karma Involving You and Others
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- Of all kinds of karma, using occult forces for one’s own benefit or to the harm of others has the worst consequences for oneself.
- People pay for what they do, and still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.
- By each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
- You have to be careful when involving yourself with someone else’s karma.
- Don’t waste time on revenge. The people who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.
- I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that’s all you’re going to get back.
- Remember the unkindness, dishonesty, and deception you display toward others…don’t be shocked when it comes back to bite you.
- When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.
- Forgive the person and their actions, never give in to hate. Let it go, set it free, and karma will take care of what is meant to be.
The Dark Side of Karma
- Still, others commit all sorts of evil deeds, claiming karma doesn’t exist. They erroneously maintain that since everything is empty, committing evil isn’t wrong. Such persons fall into a hell of endless darkness with no hope of release. Those who are wise hold no such conception.
- I heard that karma is vengeful and is also a light sleeper.
- Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can’t get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don’t care who you are. What goes around comes around. That’s how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.
- Karma bides its time. You will always have to watch out. Karma is unforgiving and always gets payback.
- Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This is the law of the universe and spares none. Wrong done and injustice inflicted is paid back in the same coin. No one has escaped the justice of the universe. It is only a matter of time.
- When karma comes back to punch you in the face, I want to be there. Just in case it needs help.
- Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.
- If you give the slightest pain to any living being, then in the form of pain, the pain-giving-karma will give you its ‘fruit’. So think before you hurt any living being.
- Do not attempt to help those who have not asked for your help. Interfering with their own karma will result in a never-ending spiritual war from which you can only lose.
- It is a rule of life that we eventually become victims of the evil we do to others.
How Karma Works Quotes
- Every act is done, no matter how insignificant, will eventually return to the doer with equal impact. Good will be returned with good; evil with evil.
- Nature runs a restaurant called Karma. It’s a place where there is no need to place an order. You are automatically served what you deserve.
- Even chance meetings are the result of karma… Things in life are fated by our previous lives. That even in the smallest events there’s no such thing as coincidence.
- Every moment of your life, you perform an action – physically, mentally, emotionally, and energy-wise. Each action creates a certain memory. That is karma.
- Karma is justice. It does not reward or punish. It shows no favoritism because we all have to earn all that we receive. Karma doesn’t predestine anything. We create our own causes and Karma adjusts the effects with perfect balance.
- Karma, simply put, is an action for an action, good or bad.
- According to the karma of past actions, one’s destiny unfolds, even though everyone wants to be so lucky.
- Whatever you give to life, it gives you back. Do not hate anybody. The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you. Love others. And love will come back to you.
- The keynote of the law of Karma is equilibrium, and nature is always working to restore that equilibrium whenever through man’s acts it is disturbed.
- There are the waves and there are the wind, seen and unseen forces. Everyone has these same elements in their lives, the seen and unseen, karma and free will.
Personal Karma Quotes
- Karma has a surprising way of taking care of situations. All you have to do is to sit back and watch.
- When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life.
- If you send out goodness from yourself, or if you share that which is happy or good within you, it will all come back to you multiplied ten thousand times. In the kingdom of love, there is no competition; there is no possessiveness or control. The more love you give away, the more love you will have.
- Do something good today and in the future, you will get repaid with something good too. Do something good. Get something good.
- Your believing or not believing in karma has no effect on its existence, nor on its consequences to you. Just as a refusal to believe in the ocean would not prevent you from drowning.
- I never kill insects. If I see ants or spiders in the room, I pick them up and take them outside. Karma is everything.
- When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel.
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
- The universe does not carry debts, it always returns back to you what you gave it.
- We must always reflect only what we wish to see reflected within us.
- I want revenge, but I don’t want to screw up my karma.
- Some day people will ask me what is the key to my success…and I will simply say, “Good Karma.”
- If your actions were to boomerang back on you instantly, would you still act the same?
- This is your karma. You do not understand now, but you will understand later.
- When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms.
Q: Does karma extend to animals?
Yes, how you treat animals is also said to give you bad or good karma. Showing kindness to pets or helping a creature instead of killing it brings you good karma.
Q: How do I reverse bad karma?
Let go of your worries about the bad karma. What will be, will be. But if you do enough positive deeds and genuinely show compassion, the good results can outweigh the bad consequences.
Q: Is karma good or bad?
Karma is a neutral force that can flow either way. It doesn’t judge, hate or love. According to believers of karma, it brings negative results for negative actions and good things for positive actions.
Q: Is Karma the same as luck?
No. Karma is predestined by past actions and luck is something that often happens instantly and without cause.