Last Updated on December 19, 2022
Perception is a powerful interpretation of how you see the world. It can change the way you think and see because it is a result of your observations and opinions. There are trillions of people in this world; what sets each person apart is their perception.
Even though we’re all the same class of species, our minds make each of us unique. Every human forms a distinct thought process; this enables us to acquire different beliefs and understandings.
What you perceive as correct might seem wrong to others. Your perception of equality, loyalty, crime, or evil might not resonate with the person sitting next to you. This is the power of perception; it sets us all apart from one another.
These powerful quotes about perception will leave you pondering. Have a look for yourself!
Best Perception Quotes
1. “Heightened perception is the goal: becoming more aware of how you see, not just what you see.”
– Michael Kimmelman.
2. “There is an art of seeing things as they are: without naming, without being caught in a network of words, without thinking interfering with perception.”
– Jiddu Krishnamurti.
3. “Critical perception cannot be imposed.”
– Paulo Freire.
4. “No perspective, no perception. New perspective, new perception.”
– Toba Beta.
5. “We think perception is going to become a commodity over the years.”
– Karl Iagnemma.
6. “We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.”
– Anais Nin.
7. “What we see depends mainly on what we look for.”
– John Lubbock.
8. “Beyond our most stubborn misperception lies often our fondest dream.”
– Robert Brault.
9. “Perceptions about people can be powerful. They can also be powerfully wrong.”
– Craig Dresang.
10. “Perception is created and twisted so quickly.”
– Louis C. K.
11. “Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality.”
– Alexis Carrel.
12. “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
– Charles Dickens.
13. “Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe.”
– Claudia Black.
14. “Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.”
– Irving Berlin.
15. “Some people see the cup as half empty. Some people see the cup as half full. I see the cup as too large.”
– George Carlin.
16. “The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair.”
– Steve Maraboli.
17. “I believe I am in Hell; therefore I am.”
– Arthur Rimbaud.
18. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
– Carl Jung.
19. “Speak up, stand up, and keep correcting the false perceptions. Stay true to your heart’s views and keep chanting for peace and justice.”
– Suzy Kassem.
20. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
– Wayne W. Dyer.
21. “Every exit is an entry somewhere.”
– Tom Stoppard.
22. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
23. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.”
– Martha Graham.
24. “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is – infinite.”
– William Blake.
25. “Your perception of the world is not necessarily the same as what is actually occurring.”
– Peter Ralston.
26. “There is a major ingredient missing from our perception of how changes are brought about; that ingredient is power.”
– Paul Wellstone.
27. “There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.”
– Ansel Adams.
28. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”
– Stephen R. Covey.
29. “Just remember that sometimes the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are.”
– John Green.
30. “Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
31. “The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.”
– Dr. Bruce Lipton.
32. “Miracles are a shift in perception.”
– Kenneth Wapnick.
33. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
– Henry David Thoreau.
34. “What I had to learn was, that I’m responsible for my perception of things.”
– Chris Robinson.
35. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
– W.B. Yeats.
36. “Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out.”
– Criss Jami.
37. “If you look at your life one way, there is always cause for alarm.”
– Elizabeth Bowen.
38. “We have to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves.”
39. “Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything. It’s certainty.”
– Stephen Colbert.
40. “I think the perception of peace is what distracts most people from really having it.”
– Joyce Meyer.
41. “Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell about it.”
– Byron Katie.
42. “Life is all about perception. Positive versus negative. Whichever you choose will affect and more than likely reflect your outcomes.”
– Sonya Teclai.
43. “The dung beetle, seeing its child on the wall, thinks it sees a pearl on a thread.”
– Arabic Proverb.
44. “One’s perception of themselves has a much bigger role than has been acknowledged to determine who succeeds and who does not.”
– Sal Khan.
45. “All our knowledge is the offspring of our perceptions.”
– Leonardo Di Vinci.
46. “Our vulgar perception is not concerned with other than vulgar phenomena.”
– Samuel Beckett.
47. “The problem is not our situation but our perception of our situation.”
– Graham Cooke.
48. “Your perception creates your reality. You can look at life and see scarcity or abundance. It depends on your mindset.”
– Joe Vitale.
49. “Silently hear everyone. Accept what is good. Reject and forget what is not. This is intelligent living.”
– Chinmayananda Saraswati.
50. “Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that’s the truth in people’s minds.”
– Stever Young.
51. “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”
– Rabindranath Tagore.
52. “Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.”
53. “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
– Marcus Aurelius, ‘Meditations’.
54. “That is certainly one way to look at the matter. There are others.”
– Patricia C. Wrede.
55. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
– Oscar Wilde, ‘Lady Windermere’s Fan’.
56. “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.”
– C.S. Lewis.
57. “The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
58. “The clearsighted do not rule the world, but they sustain and console it.”
– Agnes Repplier.
59. “Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”
– Hans Margolius.
60. “I view it as perception is reality. That means that depends on who’s perceiving your reality. We’ll leave it at that.”
– Jose Canseco.
61. “The auditory perception is not sufficient for our knowledge of the world; it does not have vastness.”
– Robert Delaunay.
62. “People may not tell you how they feel about you, but they always show you. Pay attention.”
– Keri Hilson.
63. “We must not allow other people’s perceptions to define us.”
– Virginia Satir.
64. “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.”
– John C. Maxwell.
65. “Your agreement with reality defines your life.”
– Steve Maraboli.
66. “When we become fixed in our perceptions, we lose our ability to fly.”
– Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche.
67. “Perception is merely reality filtered through the prism of your soul.”
– Christopher A. Ray.
68. “The last thing a fish would ever notice would be water.”
– Ralph Linton.
69. “Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
– Arthur Schopenhauer, ‘Studies In Pessimism: The Essays’.
70. “Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
– Marcus Aurelius.”
71. “Preconceived notions are the locks on the door to wisdom.”
– Merry Browne.
72. “Most of us have grown up seeing the world as a place of limitation rather than as a place of inexhaustible treasures.”
– Bob Burg.
73. “If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad.”
– Benedict Cumberbatch.
74. “Though we see the same world, we see it through different eyes.”
– Virginia Woolf.
75. “The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.”
– Marcus Aurelius.
76. “Songs are as sad as the listener.”
– Jonathan Safran Foer, ‘Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close’.
77. “Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, ‘What else could this mean?'”
– Shannon L. Alder.
78. “No life is so hard that you can’t make it easier by the way you take it.”
– Ellen Glasgow.
79. “Where perception is, there also are pain and pleasure, and where these are, there, of necessity, is desire.”
80. “One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever.”
– Robert Holden.
81. “Humans see what they want to see.”
– Rick Riordan, ‘The Lightning Thief’.
82. “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
– Edgar Allen Poe.
83. “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.”
– Camille Pissarro.
84. “With time and experience comes a different perception of what’s going on around you.”
– Chris Robinson.
85. “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.”
– Angelina Jolie.
86. “What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them.”
– Gary Zukav.
87. “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.”
– Marcus Aurelius.
88. “Opting for one perception eliminates all others.”
– Simone Bingemer.
89. “The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
– Marcel Proust.
90. “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.”
– Obi-Wan Kenobi.
91. “Perception is real even when it is not reality.”
– Edward de Bono.
92. “Always let intuitive perception precede analysis.”
– Darby Bannard.
93. “Perception precedes reality.”
– Andy Warhol.
94. “The more I see, the less I know for sure.”
– John Lennon.
95. “It’s all in the mind.”
– George Harrison.
96. “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
– William Shakespeare.
97. “Your perception may not be my reality.”
– Aporva Kala.
98. “A work of art doesn’t exist outside the perception of the audience.”
– Abbas Kiarostami.
99. “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.”
– Leonardo da Vinci.
100. “What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.”
– Werner Heisenberg.