Last Updated on November 1, 2021
Over the last couple of years, the concept of pick-up lines has been one that has sparked its fair share of intrigue and debates. Many people believe that they are cheesy and distasteful. A host of others opine that they are cute, attention-grabbing, and undeniably humorous. What do I think, though? The answer is not so simple. Like most things in life, there’s a bit of a grey area in between.
I view pick-up lines on a case-by-case basis. In this sensitive age where the slightest difference in your choice of words can make or mar you, your choice of pick-up lines has to be spot on. Some are witty, while some may come off as offensive to the wrong person. Regardless, you cannot refute the fact that these lines are attention-grabbing. Besides, if a person’s first impression of you is of a humorous encounter, the chances are that they’d be more likely to remember you.
Renowned American actress Marilyn Monroe surmised the above concept exquisitely. She said, “If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.” She was an extraordinarily talented and desirable woman that many men would have given everything to be with. While you might disagree with the entirety of her views, you cannot dispute the fact that, as humans, we tend to attach positive emotions to things or people that make us smile. To sum it up, if you can make someone smile from a pick-up line, you’re headed in the right direction as regards romantic pursuits.
Before we progress further, allow me to clarify the concept of the pick-up line.
The breakers of ice, and the perfect conversation starters, pick-up lines go by many names. In concise terms, a pick-up line is a humorous conversation opener to grab a person’s attention and engage them in a conversation for romantic purposes. Pick-up lines are a straightforward way to be witty and funny while showing your romantic interest in a person.
Cheesiest Pick Up Lines
Now that we’ve obtained conceptual clarity, we are more than ready to bask in the glory and humor of these beautiful ice breakers. Without further ado, here are the most scintillating and comical pick-up lines you’d ever hear.
- Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- Hey, my name’s Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
- Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
- Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?
- There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- If you were a Transformer, you’d be Optimus Fine.
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got FINE written all over you.
- I wish I were cross-eyed so I could see you twice.
- I must be in a museum because you indeed are a work of art.
- Do you believe in love at first sight—or should I walk by again?
- I’m no photographer, but I can picture us together.
- Feel my shirt. Know what it’s made of? Boyfriend material.
- Are you related to Jean-Claude Van Damme? Because Jean-Claude Van Damme, you’re sexy!
- If you were a chicken, you’d be impeccable.
- Did your license get suspended for driving all these guys crazy?
- I’m learning about important dates in history. Do you want to be one of them?
- Are you a bank loan? Because you got my interest.
- Are you a time traveller? Cause I see you in my future!
- Can I follow you where you’re going right now? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams.
- Is this the Hogwarts Express? Because it feels like you and I are headed somewhere magical.
- Life without you is like a broken pencil…pointless.
- Something’s wrong with my eyes because I can’t take them off you.
- I want to take you to the movies, but they don’t let you bring in your own snacks.
- Are you Australian? Because you meet all of my koalafications.
- Know what’s on the menu? Me-N-U.
- Your middle name must be Gillette. Because you’re the best, a man can get!
- You and I are like nachos with jalapeños. I’m super cheesy, you’re super hot, and we belong together.
- Knock-knock. (Who’s there?) When where? (When where who?) Tomorrow night, my house, you.
- Do you like Star Wars? Cause Yoda only one for me.
- If I had four quarters to give to the four prettiest women in the world, you would have a dollar!
- Your eyes are bluer than the Atlantic Ocean, and I don’t mind being lost at sea.
- Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile.
- Is there an airport nearby, or was that just my heart taking off?
- I’m good at algebra; I can replace your X, and you wouldn’t need to figure out Y.
- If I had to rate you from 1 to 10, I’d give you a 9 because I’m the 1 you’re missing.
- You must be jelly cause jam don’t shake like that.
- I’ve got 1-ply, I’ve got 2-ply, but all I want is your re-ply.
- If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
- My buddies bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful person here. How should we spend their money?
- I’m no mathematician, but I’m pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it.
- How much does a polar bear weigh? I don’t know either, but it breaks the ice. Do you want to get a drink?
- I’m writing a term paper on the finer things in life, and I wondered if I could interview you.
- Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears!
- They say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Apparently, no one has ever been standing next to you.
- There’s only one thing I want to change about you, and that’s your last name.
- Hey, you’re pretty, and I’m cute. Together we’d be Pretty Cute.
- Did the sun come out, or did you just smile at me?
- I’m sorry, were you talking to me? [No] Well then, please start.
- Do you have a pencil? Cause I want to erase your past and write our future.
- I’d say God Bless you, but it looks like he already did.
- Somebody call the cops because it’s got to be illegal to look that good!
- Sorry, but you owe me a drink. [Why?] Because when I looked at you, I dropped mine.
- Do you like vegetables because I love you from my head tomatoes?
- Remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve only met you in my dreams.
- I know someone who likes you. If I weren’t so shy, I’d tell you who.
- Can I take a picture of you so Santa knows what I want for Christmas?
- Damn, I’m glad I’m not blind!
- Mario is red. Sonic is blue. Press start to join and be my player 2.
- I’d never play hide and seek with you because someone like you is impossible to find.
- You are astoundingly gorgeous, and that’s the least exciting thing about you.
- I have a pen; you have a phone number. Think of the possibilities.
- Look, I’m just trying to drink here, but you’re very distracting.
- When I text you goodnight later, what phone number should I use?
- I don’t know your name, but I’m sure it is as beautiful as you are.
- Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants.
- If I had a garden, I’d put your tulips and my tulips together.
- Didn’t I see you on the cover of Vogue?
- If I were a cat, I’d spend all nine of my lives with you.
- Hey girl, did you drop something? [uhm, I don’t think so.] I think you did – your standards. Hi, I’m [your name].
- Are you accepting applications for your fan club?
- Say, did we go to different schools together?
- Falling for you would be a very short trip.
- I think the gaps between my fingers were meant for yours.
- If beauty were time, you would definitely be an eternity.
- You know what they say behind every successful man, there’s a woman, but if you wanted to switch positions, I am with that too.
- Girl, if God made anything prettier than you, I hope he kept it for himself.
- Do you know what I see in your eyes? My future!
- People call me [insert your name], but you can call me tonight.
- When I look at you, I feel like a pirate who just found his buried treasure.
- You have 206 bones in your body. Can I help make it 207?
Ultimately, as cheesy as some of these may sound, you cannot deny the fact that they are light-hearted, humorous, and perfect conversation starters! In the fullness of time, you’d have to put in way more work than just cheesy lines to get the girl of your dreams, but this would undoubtedly grab her attention and get you a smile at the very least. That, in its entirety, is deserving of praise.