Last Updated on December 19, 2022
Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the zodiac. This astrological sign is associated with the constellation Sagittarius, from where it derives its name. The constellation spans 240 – 270th degrees of the zodiac sign.
The Sagittarius sign is commonly represented by a centaur shooting a bow and arrow. It can also be depicted by an arrow drawn across a bow. The sign comes before Capricorn and after Scorpio.
Sagittarius is also one of the three zodiac signs that are part of the Fire Trigon. The other two include Aries and Leo. Besides, it’s considered the third most mutable sign, coming only after Gemini and Virgo. The mutability of zodiac signs is determined by the ability of those signs to represent changeable qualities. For instance, a Sagittarius can change seamlessly from a human to a beast. The sign resonates with humanity when it’s depicted as an archer and bestiality when it’s represented as a centaur.
Sagittariuses are born between November 22 and about December 21. And as with all other zodiac signs, there are numerous character traits and personalities associated with Sagittariuses.
The fact that Sagittariuses are often depicted as an archer means individuals under the influence of this zodiac sign rarely miss the mark. It may also resonate with the power of prophecy, as the mark to be hit may not necessarily be within sight.
Sagittariuses are also outspokenly optimistic extroverts. They’re not afraid to get out there and socialize with their potential friends or partners. Neither are they reserved about expressing their intentions.
These individuals also tend to be loyal but assertive. A Sagittarius will not just profess blind loyalty. They’re smart enough to know when their loyalty is being taken advantage of. Compassion, fearlessness, and trust are other positive attributes of Sagittariuses.
In love and relationships, Sagittariuses are better suited for their fellow fire signs, namely Aries and Leo. And on the negative end of the spectrum, these individuals may demonstrate some carelessness, bluntness, and poor judgment.
Evidently, there’s a lot to learn about a Sagittarius’ character and personality. There are equally numerous resources to help you with that, including Sagittarius quotes.
Sagittarius quotes can fall into many different categories.
For instance, there are quotes that explain the fundamental meaning of Sagittarius with respect to the sign’s position in the zodiac. You’ll also find Sagittarius quotes that highlight the various traits associated with this sign. Some Sagittarius quotes are humorously presented to help you get a good laugh while hanging out with your astrological friends.
Last but not least, there are inspiring Sagittarius quotes that speak to the essence of life in general. These quotes can help you rediscover your purpose in life by enabling you to leverage your best qualities to empower yourself and cultivate meaningful relationships with others. The best part about inspirational Sagittarius quotes is that most of them are attributed to famous Sagittariuses, including influential Hollywood celebrities and some of the best philosophers the world has ever known.
We’ve curated a list of 55+ best Sagittarius quotes ever. Read through the below collection if looking for a Sagittarius quote to bring out the best in you.
- “Two Archers, shooting pointed arrows of truth into each other, can ignite some blazing fires.” — Linda Goodman
- “One of the things that makes [Sagittarius] so irresistible is your openness with your heart and your affections.” — Mecca Woods
- “Sagittarius people need constant mental stimulation, which can lead them to overwork and overplay. More than most people, Sagittarians have to have recreation and exercise, but moderation is the keyword.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
- “A Sagittarius can look emotionally distant. But in reality, he or she has a big heart.” — Yolanda
- “Sagittarians have smiles that can brighten any room and will always try to make you feel like you belong.” — Unknown
- “Cultivating the imagination and keeping the magic alive becomes, for the Sagittarian child, as essential to life as breath, water, and food.” — Nathaniel Craddock
- “Sagittarius is more interested in contentment and joy than in material gain.” — Margarete Beim
- “Sagittarians are not normally sentimental; however, they can get really attached to a favorite sweater that has seen better days.” — Therrie Rosenvald
- “Sagittarius is motivated by the energy and excitement of his surroundings. While others might get by with a quick crossing out of a completed task, Sagittarius needs something with a bit more panache to celebrate the small victories — or get in the zone for a new project.” — Constance Stellas
- “A Sagittarius will take you to the best pizza in town and the wildest adventure in the world.” — Unknown
- “Sagittarians can be gregarious and open-minded. This placement makes them enthusiastic, supportive, and generous friends.” — Jessica Lanyadoo
- “Sagittarians are aliens disguised as humans.” — Ramana Pemmaraju
- “People with strong Sagittarius influence are upbeat and optimistic, spreading good cheer and inspiring others wherever they go.” — Kris Brandt Riske
- “Because of their natural optimism and idealism, Sagittarians are likely to take such results very hard, seeing their dreams going up in smoke.” — Gary Goldschneider
- “That’s the thing about Sagittarius: We seem larger than life and unapproachable on the outside. Few people will ask if we’re okay because we’re great entertainers.” — Alex Dimitrov, Dorothea Lasky
- “Sagittarius is a great idealist and usually aims for high standards and the good life.” — Alb Imeri
- “Sagittarius is untamed like the wind, sailor of the seven seas. He is adventurous, son of thee world, lover of his own love.” — Unknown
- “The archer will walk up to you, give you a hearty slap on the back and a wide, friendly grin. Then he’ll greet you with a remark like, ‘How the heck do you manage to look so young when you’re as old as you are?’” — Linda Goodman
- “Sagittarius is the sign of lust for life. You pulse with verve and sensuality, and like all Fire signs are, at your most vibrant when you’re in love.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
- “Even when they settle down, Sagittarius men and women like to keep a small corner of their life just for themselves.” — Margarete Beim
- “Sagittarius represents the quest for spiritual enlightenment and the celebration of different religious traditions. Refocus your quest by experiencing a devotional ceremony at your chosen place of worship. Meditate in a Buddhist temple, pray in a mosque, sing a hymn in a church pew, or chant in front of a Hindu shrine.” — Constance Stellas
- “Anytime someone tells me that I can’t do something, I want to do it more.” — Taylor Swift
- “It’s a fine line of doing what’s good for your life and what your parents want you to do, but also following your dreams.” — Kaley Cuoco
- “I’m constantly evolving and challenging myself to be unafraid to make mistakes.” — Janelle Monae
- “I’m just a Sagittarius, and we’re kind of spontaneous / So let’s head out to Vegas and find an Elvis to marry us.” — Andy Grammer, “Blame It on the Stars”
- “They know life is too short to be sweating the petty stuff.” — Freeda Gillbert
- “We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “I dress the way I want. I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not.” — Britney Spears
- “By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You’ve just got to keep moving. You can’t stop.” — Brad Pitt
- “I regret things all the time. I’ve never regretted not saying something. I’ve only regretted saying something.” — Chrissy Teigen
- “Look into your own heart because who looks outside, dreams, but who looks inside, awakes.” — Jane Austen
- “Life is all about having a good time.” — Miley Cyrus
- “I’m a Sagittarius. We need things done now.” — Christina Applegate
- “A wise man told me don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who.” — Jay-Z
- “I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.” — Ben Stiller
- “One step at a time is all it takes to get you there.” — Emily Dickinson
- “My imagination is a twisted place.” — Taylor Swift
- “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations.” — Bruce Lee
- “Maybe your weird is my normal.” — Nicki Minaj
- “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” — C.S. Lewis
- “It’s important for people to figure out their own lives before involving someone else — to gauge where you are and work on your own issues.” — Scarlett Johansson
- “It’s easy to do nothing, but your heart breaks a little more every time you do.” — Mark Ruffalo
- “I always make my dreams into goals.” — DJ Khaled
- “Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable.” — Janelle Monae
- “If you do not have courage, you may not have the opportunity to use any of your other virtues.” — Samuel L. Jackson
- “I’m a Sagittarius, and one of our major qualities is that we’re blindly optimistic.” — Taylor Swift
- “They can be the sweetest person until you annoy them.” — Freeda Gillbert
- “I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.” — Mark Twain
- “Be confident and just do it. It’s all about not questioning what everyone else is thinking since they’re probably looking to others to know what is or isn’t cool.” — Zoë Kravitz
- “You should know / Freedom lives right within you.” — Xan Griffin, “Sagittarius”
- “I try to keep my head on straight and take nothing for granted.” — Anna Faris
- “People make mistakes – they say things they shouldn’t have or didn’t necessarily mean. But I strongly believe in consequences. If there are none, someone might feel like they’ve gotten away with something, or that what they said couldn’t have been that bad.” — Katherine Heigl
- “You know that family is going to be there for you no matter what. My dad gave me a freakin’ kidney!” — Sarah Hyland
- “For breakfast, I juice a big green juice, and I try to get in as much raw food and protein as I can, obviously plant proteins and legumes, but sometimes it’s late at night, and there’s a frozen pizza in there, and sometimes it’s all you’ve got! You don’t have the energy to chop up a bunch of vegetables.” — Christina Applegate
- “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner
- “I was in love with a Sagittarius / He blew my mind.” — Beyoncé, “Signs”
- “People suit their star sign. If someone is annoying me over and over, and I know they’re a Sagittarius, say, I’m more likely to forgive them. It comes down to my need for structure as a way of finding my bearings with people.” — Jessie Cave
- “A Sagittarius likes to give without receiving anything in return because it is something they really enjoy and feel like doing.” — Unknown
- “Sagittarius has the extraordinary ability to transform even the most mundane pursuit (say, a quick trip to the corner store) into a full-blown adventure.” — Aliza Kelly for Cosmopolitan.com