Nobody likes to worry. Worrying makes you age faster, it will stress you out, it can harm your mental health, and it takes the fun out of everything. Anxiety has become more and more common in the modern age, and more people are worrying now than ever before. The problem with worrying is that it can spark a chain reaction that can prove to be bad for our health.
This article looks to give you more than 50 quotes on worrying and why worry and fear are often just products of our imagination. Things are never as bad as they seem, and we always need to remember that. If by chance you have trouble keeping that in mind, hopefully, these quotes will remind you.
There are actually so many reasons not to worry. Here are just a few to mull over before you jump into the quotes:
• Things happen for a reason, and we can’t change that. Sometimes things don’t work out how they should, and that’s okay, the main thing is, we move on and get past it, regardless of how great the obstacle may seem to be.
• Worrying is selfish – Those that are always worried are usually thinking of themselves and their situation. While that is okay sometimes, if it is done too much, it could annoy or anger those around you. After all, worrying can be contagious.
• Negativity breeds negativity – That’s right, this may come as a surprise, but if you are acting negatively towards something, and have a negative attitude, then you are more likely to attract negative energy your way, and as a result, your worry will only get worse! It is a vicious cycle.
1. “Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future’s not ours to see
Que sera, sera”
– Doris Day, ‘Que Sera, Sera’.
2. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
– Matthew 6:34.
3. “Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble.”
– George Washington
4. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.”
5. “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.”
– Renee Jain
6. “Take a deep breath and give yourself permission to step back from everything that is making you feel anxious.”
– Jade Marie.
7. “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.”
– Lily Tomlin.
8. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”
– Leo Buscaglia.
9. “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
― Mark Twain.
10.“If you worry about what other people think of you, then you will have more confidence in their opinion than you have in your own.”
– John Maxwell.
11. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.”
– Walt Disney.
12. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
13. “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.”
– Charles M. Schulz.
14. “The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don’t bother you anymore. You become light-hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities.”
– Deepak Chopra.
15. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
– Elbert Hubbard.
16. “Don’t worry if you borrow, but worry if you lend.”
– Russian Proverb.
17. “I’ve noticed that worrying is like praying for what you don’t want to happen.”
– Robert Downey, Jr.
18. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
– Walter Hagen.
19. “Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.”
– Walter Ralph Inge.
20. “Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
– Dale Carnegie.
21. “Life is too short to worry about anything. You had better enjoy it because the next day promises nothing.”
– Eric Davis.
22. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right.”
– Tony Robbins.
23. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.”
– Ana Monnar.
24. “Worrying doesn’t get you anywhere.”
25. “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
26. “That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”
27. “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
28. “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.”
– Erma Bombeck.
29. “A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work.”
– John Lubbock.
30. “It is essential that we stop worrying about money and stop resenting our bills.”
– Louise L. Hay.
31. “More smiling, less worrying… More love, less hate.”
– Roy T. Bennett.
32. “Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s doing what Instead, let’s cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.”
– Erma Bombeck.
33. “If you spent your life concentrating on what everyone else thought of you, would you forget who you really were?”
– Jodi Picoult.
34. “We would worry less if we praised more. ”
– Harry Ironside.
35. “Unpopular, lonely and loving, Elinor need not trouble, For if she were not so loving, She would not be so miserable.”
– Stevie Smith.
36. “I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.”
– Alice Walker.
37. “Don’t worry. Just when you think your life is over, a new story line falls from the sky and lands right in your lap.”
– Rebekah Crane.
38. “Peace and love to everyone that you meet.
Don’t you worry, it could be so sweet.”
– Bob Sinclair, ‘Love Generation’.
39. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.”
– Anne Hathaway.
40. “In love, we worry more about the meaning of silences than the meaning of words.”
– Mason Cooley.
Stop Worrying About What Others Think Quotes
Here we’ve got some ‘not to worry about what others think’ quotes.
41. “There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.”
– Harold Stephen.
42. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything.”
– Ernest Hemingway.
43. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
44. “Start small, think big. Don’t worry about too many things at once. Take a handful of simple things to begin with, and then progress to more complex ones. Think about not just tomorrow but the future. Put a ding in the universe.”
– Steve Jobs.
45. “Many who write are panic-stricken at the thought of leaving their 20s behind. More are terrified at the prospect of the Big 40. … For many, the fortieth birthday is a traumatic experience.”
– Ann Landers.
46. “You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!”
– Olin Miller.
47. “Never worry about what other people say or think. Do the right. Have a clear conscience and roam about happily.”
48. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
– The Dalai Lama.
49. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”
– Corrie Ten Boom.
50. “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”
– Swedish Proverb.
51. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.”
– Robert Eliot.
52. “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”
– E. Joseph Cossman.
53. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
54. “There are two days in the week about which and upon which I never worry… Yesterday and Tomorrow.”
– Robert Jones Burdette.
55. “There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.”
– Harold Stephens.
56. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.”
– Arthur Somers Roche.
57. “Half the worry in the world is caused by people trying to make decisions before they have sufficient knowledge on which to base a decision.”
– Herbert E. Hawkes.