Last Updated on December 20, 2022
The term ‘world peace’ sounds like an unattainable goal. It’s like that dream you have when you’re in deep sleep: you’re calm, floating, and below you is a beautiful village of people you know and love.
But then you wake up. And right after turning on your phone, you instantly see news about calamities, corruption, murders, and poverty. It seems like an endless stream of negativity and catastrophe. Sometimes you wonder: is world peace even possible?
Peace Begins with You
You know the song: ‘if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change’. Sounds cliché but true. In fact, peacebuilders and changemakers everywhere believe that world peace is not only possible, it’s inevitable.
And one of the most important things you can do to make this a reality, is first believing in people. According to poet, blogger, and speaker Diana Raab, Ph.D., peace begins when we realize we are not alone.
Once we grasp this idea, we start to think all our actions have an impact on others. This helps us practice kindness and compassion.
Powerful World Peace Quotes
Will we ever see world peace achieved in our lifetimes? Probably not. But the fight shouldn’t end.
Every day is a chance to show your community (and the world) that peace can be achieved in small ways. Through random acts of kindness, compassion, and inclusivity, we can slowly encourage others to help us in our battle for true equality and harmony.
In the meantime, these powerful quotes about peace should keep the spark of hope alive in you.
1. “I think that if we would stop trying to impress each other, we might be able to love each other.” – Joyce Meyer
2. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “If we do not work for individual transformation, talking about world peace is just entertainment.” – Jaggi Vasudev
4. “Be the peace you seek.” – Bryant McGill
5. “First make peace inside yourself.” – Nick Nolte
6. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
7. “Ego says, ‘Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.’ Spirit says, ‘Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.’” – Marianne Williamson
8. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. “If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself.” – Cheryl Richardson
10. “Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.” – Seymour Miller
11. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
12. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” – L.R. Knost
13. “Happiness and peace will come to earth only as the light of love and human compassion enter the souls of men.” – David O. McKay
14. “Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom.” – Dwight Eisenhower
16. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world, to make peace possible for the world, to make happiness possible for the world.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
18. “World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power.” – Sri Chinmoy
19. “We must see that peace represents a sweeter music, a cosmic melody, that is far superior to the discords of war.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on earth.” – L. Ron Hubbard
21. “Let us forgive each other – only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
22. “We each possess what is needed to create peace on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to practice using that knowledge in all aspects of life.” – Lisa Prosen
23. “For peace to reign on earth, humans must evolve into new beings who have learned to see the whole first.” – Immanuel Kant
24. “The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.” – Peace Pilgrim
25. “Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you.” – Isaac of Nineveh
26. “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “May we care for each other, and for the earth, for everything relates to everything else.” – Radha Sahar
28. “No two leaves are alike, and yet there is no antagonism between them or between the branches on which they grow.” – Mahatma Gandhi
29. “Compassionate people are geniuses in the art of living, more necessary to the dignity, security, and joy of humanity than the discoverers of knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
30. “Of all our dreams today, there is none more important – or so hard to realize – than that of peace in the world.” – Lester B. Pearson
31. “Plant the seed of kindness in your heart and it will blossom into peace.” – Michael Sotelo
32. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
33. “You are the source of all change on the planet. If you tend to your internal peace, you’re tending to peace on earth.” – Panache Desai
34. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
35. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” – Dalai Lama