Last Updated on December 20, 2022
Soulmates, also known as kindred souls or kindred spirits, are among the hardest people to meet in life. It’s easier to walk through a sandless desert or experience a snowless winter than have your soulmate walk by.
According to many self-improvement and relationship experts, the mathematical chance of meeting your kindred-spirit is 0.01%, which works out as a probability of 1 in every 10,000. This chance is based on the assumption that your soulmate was set at birth, is approximately in your age bracket, and is able to convey unmissable first-glance vibes. In other words, the chances of meeting your soulmate are even lower if the person exists in a different age bracket or if they happen to come along but the chemistry between the two of you doesn’t click immediately.
The pressure of finding soulmates has had many people settling for the wrong partners. You find someone who looks like your better half in nearly every way, only to discover much later that they possess one particular trait that makes keeping them a terrible idea. Perhaps they’re filthy rich but more of a sucker. Or they’re incredibly smart but highly condescending. Since you never had a chance to conduct your due diligence, you ended up investing a great deal of your emotions in the wrong person. So much that by the time you go your separate ways, their departure leaves you nursing deep emotional scars.
It’s precisely for this reason that experts recommend treading with caution while searching for your kindred spirit.
A great part of looking for your soulmate doesn’t consist in actively scouting around for them, as important as that may be. Instead, it entails asking for guidance from the universe in helping you know when you meet them. As you shall find, fate plays an instrumental role in pairing us up with our kindred spirits.
Another way to attract your kindred spirit is by consistently reciting soulmate quotes.
Soulmate quotes are akin to positive affirmations. If chanted long enough and with direction from our guardian angels, these quotes can help us create our realities from our dreams. Repeating soulmate quotes every morning is an ingenious way to draw your potential kindred soul into your life. These quotes follow the Law of Attraction which indicates that humans attract what they focus on.
But soulmate quotes aren’t only meant to connect you with your kindred spirit. These quotes can also help you know your soulmate when you meet them. Most importantly, the quotes may help you keep your soulmate. You only need to determine which soulmate quote to chant and during what circumstances.
Now, we’ve trawled the internet for over 100 powerful soulmate quotes to nurture love and relationships. Not only are these quotes perfect for those looking for a romantic partner. They’re also ideal for those looking for true friends or compatible business partners.
Feel free to pin these quotes on your social media profiles or share them while hanging out with your drinking buddies. You never know where your kindred spirit may be.
- “A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
- “Did you ever stop to think that even if I am a monster, I might be your soulmate anyway?” — Julie Johnson
- “The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one’s relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident.” — Hugh Walpole
- “You have half our gifts. I the other. Together we make a whole. Together we are much more powerful.” — Joss Stirling
- “I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we’re from the same star.” — Emery Allen
- “Time is very slow for those who wait. Very fast for those who are scared. Very long for those who celebrate. But for those who love, time is eternal.” — William Shakespeare
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
- “A soulmate is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare and very real.” — Hilary Duff
- “The love that moves the sun and the other stars.” — Dante Alighieri
- “Close your eyes for a while. The image that conjures is your soulmate. Don’t pause, rush and say what you feel. After all time and tide for none wait.” — Neelam Saxena Chandra
- “I want to be your soulmate, even if I don’t believe in them.” — Colleen Hoover
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “A soulmate is someone who you could spend a great deal of time with just sitting on a sofa and feel happy. You don’t need fanfare. You don’t need to go out to expensive restaurants.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” — Richard Bach
- “A soul mate is not found. A soul mate is recognized.” — Vironika Tugaleva
- “I describe a soulmate as a ‘soul-nurturing mate’. Someone who nurtures your soul, thereby promoting insight and growth.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “A soul mate is… someone whose way of viewing life is not necessarily the same as yours but complements yours… there is not a compromise, there is a complement.” — Paul Robear
- “The Buddhists say if you meet somebody and your heart pounds, your hands shake, your knees go weak, that’s not the one. When you meet your ‘soul mate’ you’ll feel calm. No anxiety, no agitation.” — Monica Drake
- “‘Cause I’m my own soulmate. I know how to love me. I know that I’m always gonna hold me down. Yeah, I’m my own soulmate.” — Lizzo
- “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” — Faye Hall
- “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” — Rumi
- “A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves.” — Edgar Cayce
- “A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.” — Kenny Loggins
- “When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life.” — Arielle Ford
- “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” — Sam Keen
- “A soulmate is someone who appreciates your level of weird.” — Bill Murray
- “In love, one and one are one.” — Jean-Paul Sartre.
- “…And when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight, as I may say, even for a moment.” — Plato
- “Our lives may not have fit together, but ohhh did our souls know how to dance.” — K. Towne Jr.
- “What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible.” — Rainbow Rowell
- “Soulmates tend to find each other during the respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soulmate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.” — Linda Brady
- “You meet your soulmate, and you’re like, ‘Well, this is it. This is the feeling of falling in love, and it’s the most intense it can ever be.’ Then you have a child and it’s like, it’s huge!’ — Bryce Dallas Howard
- “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” — Candace Bushnell
- “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.” — Thomas Moore
- “Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?” — Nancy Garden
- “Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.” — Charles F. Glassman
- “Rather than being about excitement and lust, a soul mate relationship is characterized by such things as a shared life path, a sense of comfort and ease, and a genuine liking of each other.” — Katherine Woodward Thomas
- “I would find you in any lifetime.” — Kanye West
- “If we’d never met, I think I would have known my life wasn’t complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn’t know who I was looking for.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “The soul mate doesn’t have to be a romantic relationship. Sometimes in life, you meet people when you need them, and there is an immediate connection.” — Alison G. Bailey
- “Soulmates are those that we’ve known many lifetimes, have had many karmic contracts with, and with whom we have resolved conflicts. Marriage partners may or may not be soul mates, though they will be a soul contract. With true soul mates, there is no struggle. What’s left over is love.” — Karen M. Black
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don’t fool.” — Robert Brault
- “If you age with somebody, you go through so many roles: you’re lovers, friends, enemies, colleagues, strangers; you’re brother and sister. That’s what intimacy is if you’re with your soulmate.” — Cate Blanchett
- “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” — George Eliot
- “Your soulmate doesn’t just mean your husband or your boyfriend. I have friends in my life who I believe I was meant to meet and be a part of.” — Louise Nurding
- “Love is all about guts. If you have it, you fight with the world. If you don’t, you fight with yourself.” — Heenashree Khandelwal
- “I recognized you instantly. All of our lives flashed through my mind in a split second. I felt a pull so strongly towards you that I almost couldn’t stop it.” — J. Sterling
- “Beauty is the purest feeling of the soul. Beauty arises when the soul is satisfied.” — Amit Ray
- “I’m convinced my heart knew who it belonged to, long before I met her.” — Karla Campos
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” — Bruce Lee
- “Soul mates may be linked, but fight to separate, causing wounds and confusion. They teach what no one else can.” — Donna Lynn Hope
- “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” — Criss Jami
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in another, and the delight in the recognition.” — Alexander Smith
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Brontë
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” — Franz Schubert
- “True friends are not mirrors where we can always see ourselves reflected in a positive light.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “If you want to attract a life partner as your soulmate, there are several illusions you will need to relinquish. One is that your soul mate is someone you will be with for the rest of your life. You can have a soul mate relationship that lasts a few weeks, months, or years. Time has nothing to do with the quality of your connection and its importance in your life.” — Sanaya Roman
- “I’ve never had to ask a thing from you, as everything you’ve ever fed my soul was love.” — Karen A. Baquiran
- “If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.” — Cher
- “There is no such thing as a soulmate…and who would want there to be? I don’t want half of a shared soul. I want my own damn soul.” — Rachel Cohn
- “Marriage is miserable unless you find the right person that is your soulmate and that takes a lot of looking.” — Marvin Gaye
- “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “Then we sat at the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marveled that we had found each other.” — Erick Dillard.
- “You’re not looking for perfection in your partner. Perfection is all about the ego. With soulmate love, you know that true love is what happens when disappointment sets in, and you’re willing to deal maturely with these disappointments.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.” — Dianna Hardy
- “Our soul… direct us to individuals who share our purpose in life, complement our strengths, and supplement our weaknesses. But there is no guarantee that these ideal mates are going to look the way we expect, or be of our own background.” — Carolyn Miller
- “The greatest thing about me isn’t even a part of me. It’s you.” — Kamand Kojouri.
- “I think we’re given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in high school. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t act on it, you’ll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that’s more convenient for you.” — Meg Cabot
- “Ocean separates lands, not souls.” — Munia Khan
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” — Roy Croft
- “You are my inspiration and my folly. You are my light across the sea, my million nameless joys, and my day’s wage. You are my divinity, my madness, my selfishness, my transfiguration and purification. You are my rapscallionly fellow vagabond, my tempter and star. I want you.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “And he knew that at that moment, they understood each other perfectly, and when he told her what he was going to do now, she would not say ‘be careful’ or ‘don’t do it’, but she would accept his decision because she would not have expected anything less of him.” — J.K. Rowling
- “I’ve learned that there’s a soulmate somewhere in this world. Till you don’t find that person, the search goes on.” — Preity Zinta
- “Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.” — Helen Boswell
- “When you’re in love, you’re capable of learning everything and knowing things you had never dared even to think, because love is the key to the understanding of all the mysteries.” — Paulo Coelho
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you”. — Herman Hesse
- “It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” — Judy Garland.
- “Soulmates aren’t the ones who make you happiest, no. They’re instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pangs, captivation and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope.” — Victoria Erickson
- “What’s the difference?” I asked him. “Between the love of your life, and your soulmate?” “One is a choice, and one is not.” — Tarryn Fisher
- “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Who would have known that it was you all along, that my soulmate has always been you, boy.” — Maria Okran.
- “Soul mates are muses. The people in your life you despise, disrespect and desire the most.” — Coco J. Ginger
- “We were just two broken souls trying to fix one another…Somehow I ended up with a piece of you and you, me.” — Evy Michaels
- “In a church of my own we’re perfect together I recognize you in the stained glass.” — Heather Nova
- “I would rather spend one life time with you than face all of the ages of this world alone.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” — Pablo Neruda.
- “Inhale when I inhale. Exhale when I exhale. Breathe with me, for two beating hearts breathing one breath together become one.” — Christina Westover
- “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times… In life after life, in age after age, forever.” — Tagore
- There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile…no sound sweeter than your laughter…no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realized today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you’re my only hope of happiness. Tell me, Lillian, dearest love…how can you have reached so far inside my heart?” — Lisa Kleypas, It Happened One Autumn
- “The soulmate is what we aspire to and like to understand about ourself, is what we deem to be perfection, purity, and endless love.” — Sorin Cerin
- “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “When you meet that person. a person. One of your soulmates. Let the connection. Relationship be what it is. It may be five mins. Five hours. Five days. Five months. Five years. A lifetime. Let it manifest itself, the way it is meant to. It has an organic destiny. This way if it stays or if it leaves, you will be softer from having been loved this authentically. Souls come into, return, open, and sweep through your life for a myriad of reasons, let them be who and what they are meant.” — Nayyirah Waheed
- “Sweetheart, my heart is your home, you can always stay there.” — Lailah Gifty Akita.
- “Love never claims, it ever gives.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “You are not supposed to go out and find love. Love will find you when you are ready.” — Suzy Kassem
- “Our universe grants every soul a twin—a reflection of themselves—the kindred spirit – And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other—even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another. This is destiny; this is love.” — Julie Dillon
- “The greatest love stories are not those in which love is only spoken, but those in which it is acted upon.” — Steve Maraboli
- “Every heart sings a song incomplete until another heart whispers back.” — Plato