Last Updated on December 20, 2022
Knowing your worth is the first step to unlocking your true potential. Unfortunately, discovering one’s true worth is easier said than done. It’s even harder if living or working in an environment where everyone else appears hard-wired to underestimate your abilities.
Without self-belief, you’ll find yourself inadvertently engaging within the standards set by society. There will always be people questioning your performance despite your best efforts. Sooner or later, you may find yourself so engrossed in the ways of the world that you don’t spend enough quality time with yourself.
The good news is that there are multiple ways to discover your true worth and unlock your inner potential.
One way to know your self-worth is by doing things outside your comfort zone. For instance, if you’re suffering from social phobia and experience difficulties making public presentations, all you need to do is face your fears by hanging out more in social places. On a long enough timeline, you might just emerge as one of the best motivational speakers in your social circle.
You can also cultivate a sense of self-worth by reading publications on self-esteem. The world teems with successful entrepreneurs and celebrities who were completely written off by society at some point in their life.
Perhaps because they were dyslexic and showed no promise of academic excellence, or because they were born to underprivileged parents. The rap industry, in particular, is littered with accounts of successful artists who were once members of dreaded gangs in their respective cities.
But all these people have one thing in common – they refused to accept society’s limiting standards over them. Instead, they went on to discover their personal worth despite being considered losers who would never amount to anything.
Another excellent way to know your self-worth is by relying on quotes about this topic. We’ve trawled the internet for amazing self-worth quotes to help you nurture self-confidence and esteem.
The following self-worth quotes will inspire you to pursue success and happiness beyond society’s limiting confines. You’ll learn that most goals can be reached if you only believe in your own abilities.
The list also includes quotes to help you know when other people are taking advantage of you. People who’re yet to acknowledge their self-worth will always be subject to bullying and condescending treatment. But all that can change if you understand your value in the social hierarchy. All you need to do is find yourself, love yourself unconditionally, and stop becoming a people pleaser.
Most importantly, our collection of self-worth quotes includes sayings that draw the line between self-esteem and sheer bravado. It’s good to have a strong sense of self-belief. But it’s dangerous to confuse self-confidence for recklessness. Knowing the limits of your abilities is a crucial tip for nurturing self-worth.
Whether you’re struggling with self-esteem or know someone who is, you’ll definitely find an appropriate quote from the collection below. Just remember that knowing your self-worth isn’t enough. You must also have a strong inner drive to convert your confidence into real action.
Know Your Worth Quotes
1. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand
2. “It’s always good to know that you have been the best even though deep inside you know you will never be better than that.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
3. “Know your worth and believe in it. Live life accordingly. No one will dare to let you down.” – Dr. Anil Kumar Sinha
4. “All that matters is that you know your worth. If they don’t know your worth realize that it’s OKAY because they aren’t meant for you anyway.” – Sonya Parker
5. “Any relationship that never considered your values should not stay longer in your heart. know your worth!” – Terry Mark
6. “They keep disrespecting you because they have no respect for you, and you keep holding onto them because you don’t know your worth.” – Sonya Parker
7. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Harbhajan Singh Yogi
8. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
9. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
10. “I know what I bring to the table…. So trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.” – Unknown
11. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
12. “Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” ― C. JoyBell C.
14. “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
15. “Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” – Kanye West
16. “When you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” – Anonymous
17. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
18. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.”— Oprah Winfrey
20. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” — Peter T. Mcintyre
21. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
22. “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.” – Tim Fargo
23. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
24. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “We are what we believe we are.” – C.S. Lewis
26. “Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up.” – Rachel Corrie
27. “If you’re following your dreams, you’re doing something you love and that you believe in yourself for.” – McKayla Maroney
28. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” — Jodi Picoult
29. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.
30. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” —Vincent van Gogh
31. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” — Thomas Jefferson
32. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” —Brian Tracy
33. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” — Rumi
34. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” – Wayne Dyer
35. “Always remember that you were once alone, and the crowd you see in your life today are just as necessary as when you were alone.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
36. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with the handbrake on.” – Maxwell Maltz
37. “Role models are only of limited use. For no-one is as important, potentially powerful and as key in your life and world as you.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
38. “Self-love, self-respect, self-worth…there is a reason they all start with ‘self’. You cannot find them in anyone else.” – Unknown
39. “When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.” ― Ace Antonio Hall
40. “Why settle for a lesser vision? When you are destined for greatness!” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
41. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein
42. “Know your worth. Then add tax.” – Anonymous
43. “Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
44. “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose you self-worth in the process.” – Dave Pelzer
45. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck
46. “There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.” – Bob Anderson
47. “A person’s worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves.” – Jean De La Bruyère
48. “Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you.” – Georgette Mosbacher
49. “We are the brightest Star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light.” ― E.L.Blade
50. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not modesty. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not egotism. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.” – Bobbe Sommer
51. “The price tag that you put on your soul will determine the people and circumstances in which you find yourself.”― Shannon Alder
52. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”– M. Scott Peck
53. “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.”― Mandy Hale
54. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”– Harvey Fierstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of silence quotes celebrating much needed downtime.
55. “Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.”― Dr. Asa Don Brown
56. “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.”― Abraham Lincoln
57. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
58. “If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.”― Brian Tracy
59. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”― Rob Liano
60. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
61. “The problem isn’t that I think so highly of myself. It is just that you think so little of yourself. Live life BIG, BOLD and OUT LOUD!”― Shannon L. Alder
62. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”– Tina Fey
63. “Do not undervalue what you are ultimately worth because you are at a momentary disadvantage.”― Sherry Thomas
64. “Never let the opinion of another affect your opinion of yourself.”― Teresa Mummert
65. “Remember, you’re not half of anything, you’re twice of everything.”― Viet Thanh Nguyen
66. “Don’t let your past dictate who you are. Let it be the lesson that strengthens the person you will become.” – Unknown
67. “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” – Suze Orman
68. “It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.”- Unknown
69. “Only when you are aware of the uniqueness of everyone’s individual body will you begin to have a sense of your own self-worth.” – Ma Jian
70. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.”- Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
71. “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” – Rashida Rowe
72. “Never settle. Know your worth.”- Unknown
73. “When you know your self-worth, and you read and you ask questions and you study and you travel, you become free.” – KRS-One
74. “Other people’s opinions of you does not have to become your reality.”- Unknown
75. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
76. “To love yourself is to know that your past does not change your worth.”- Unknown
77. “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
78. “Self-respect is a question of recognizing that anything worth having has a price.” – Joan Didion
79. “You accepted less because you thought a little was better than nothing.”- Unknown
80. “There is one irrefutable law of the universe: We are each responsible for our own life. If you’re holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you’re wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn’t receive.” – Oprah Winfrey
81. “Until you know your worth you’ll continue to seek other people’s approval just to feel good about yourself.” – Sonya Parker
82. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
83. “Your net worth can fluctuate, but your self-worth should only appreciate.” – Chris Gardner
84. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
85. “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” – Mark Victor Hansen
86. “All that matters is that you know your worth. If they don’t know your worth realize that its okay because they aren’t meant for you anyway.” – Unknown
87. “Refuse to accept another’s estimation of yourself.” – Alison Stormwolf
88. “If I could give you one gift, I would give you the ability to see yourself as I see you, so you could see how truly special you are.”- Unknown
89. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
90. “Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.”- Unknown
91. “Your problem is you’re… too busy holding onto your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
92. “Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself.” – Maxwell Maltz
93. “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” – Sonya Friedman
94. “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are – what others say is irrelevant.” – Nic Sheff
95. “When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.” – Mandy Hale
96. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.”- Unknown
97. “Who you are is not who other people judge_you to be; nor_is it based on their acceptance of you.” – Sumner M. Davenport
98. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”- Unknown
99. “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” – Unknown
100. “Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
101. “What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” – Henry David Thoreau
102. “To double your net worth, double your self-worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self-image.” – Robin Sharma
103. “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.”- Unknown
104. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” ― Roy T. Bennett
105. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”― Lao Tzu
106. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
107. “The man of genius inspires us with a boundless confidence in our own powers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
108. “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
109. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.”— Bruce Lee
110. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”— Mark Twain