Last Updated on May 17, 2022
Sickness has a way of draining our physical and mental energy. Some illnesses also put a strain on our finances. Even if you manage to recover from the disease, it may take some time before you can get back up on your feet.
But perhaps the most challenging part of any illness is the sense of isolation that patients usually grapple with while receiving medical attention. That’s especially true for patients receiving specialized treatment or those in palliative care centers.
Numerous studies have shown that social support plays a significant role in speeding up recovery from various illnesses. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to hang around a sick relative or friend all the time. If you happen to live in a different state or country from where the ailing person is, you may never find the time to pay them a physical visit in the first place. That’s where a ‘get well soon’ card comes in.
A ‘get well soon’ card allows you to convey your goodwill messages to a sick relative or friend and possibly speed up the recovery process. Even if the patient has slim chances of recovering, sending them a ‘get well soon’ card may help to prolong their existence.
But while a ‘get well soon’ card is a remarkable gesture, what really matters is the actual message in the card.
At the very least, a ‘get well soon’ card should contain messages of hope and optimism. The wishes should be able to uplift the patient’s moods and help them see the brighter side even if they’re suffering from a terminal illness.
Here’s a collection of 80 most uplifting wishes to write in a ‘get well soon’ card.
Short ‘Get Well’ Wishes
1. Hang in there!
2. Hope you feel better soon!
3. May good health and happiness be closer than you think.
4. Sending healthy vibes in your direction.
5. Take it one day at a time. I know you’ll feel better soon!
6. Think of this as an opportunity to catch up on [Insert their favorite movie, television show, song, pet, etc.]!
7. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
8. Wishing you more strength with each coming day.
9. You are in my thoughts and prayers through this time of trials.
10. You’ll be back to your old tricks before you know it.
‘Get Well’ Wishes for Family and Friends
1. As soon as you are feeling up to it, our next coffee date is on me!
2. Get well soon so I can make fun of you again and not feel so bad.
3. It hurts me to see you feeling so under the weather. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
4. Our house isn’t the same without you here — get better soon so you can come home!
5. Sending sunshine to brighten your day and spirits.
6. Sending you a note to let you know that you are in my thoughts as you recover.
7. The world is blue without you. I hope you recover soon so you can fill my world with light again.
8. We miss you, and hope that you are feeling better soon.
9. Wishing you an easy recovery and continued good health afterward!
10. Your absence creates a void in my day. Get well soon so I can have my friend back!
‘Get Well’ Wishes for Coworker
1. Get well soon mate, the office has never been the same since you left.
2. Get well soon mate, the office is dull without you.
3. It doesn’t matter how dangerous the disease may be, I know that in the end, you’ll be back with the same charming smile on your face. Get well soon!
4. It’s been a wonderful experience working with you for all these years. Naturally, the news of your sickness made me sad. I wish you have a smooth recovery!
5. Take all the time you need to recover. Your work will be here whenever you are feeling up to coming in. It will just be piled up high on your desk!
6. The doctors in the hospital don’t need your creative ideas — we do! Get well soon.
7. We are one man down in sharing all the yelling that boss gives us every day. Get well soon.
8. Wishing you a quick recovery dear. Be back soon and save me from this mountainous work that you left me. All the best wishes for you!
9. You have so many things to experience in life. Don’t give up. You and I both know you can defeat this disease!
10. Your condition has really affected my productivity, I hope you get well soon.
‘Get Well’ Wishes for Partner
1. All of us are feeling low without your soulful presence beside us. Get well soon, love. Come back quick.
2. Although I can’t be with you in the hospital, know that I am thinking of you and how much I love our life together.
3. I am keeping our bed warm for you, and I hope that you are back in it with me soon.
4. I miss your kisses and hugs. I hope you know how much I love you! Get well soon my twinkling star.
5. If only I could trade places with your hospital nurse so I can give you some TLC. Get well soon, my love!
6. My kisses may be magical, but they can’t heal you the way the medicine can. So please get better soon so I can kiss you again!
7. Our home feels so empty without you in it. Please get better soon so you can be back where you belong.
8. Sending you lots of loves, hugs, and warm kisses to provide you strength and confidence to fight back your illness. Get well soon, love.
9. While you rest up, I will keep things running at home, so you don’t have to worry about it and can focus on feeling better.
10. Without your stupid jokes and naughtiness, the house seems very empty and silent. Get well soon, love.
‘Get Well’ Wishes for Kids
1. Being sick is stinky! But take all your medicine so it will make you feel better!
2. During moments of pain, always remember that we’re here for you; praying for you and sharing in your pain every step of the way. Get well soon son/daughter.
3. Get well soon (Enter Name), your friends are longing to see you happier and stronger again.
4. I hope the magical fairy comes soon to take all of your boo-boos away!
5. I’m so heartbroken that you aren’t feeling well, my little prince/angel! Get lots of rest so you can feel better!
6. If I had the power to magic the illness away, I would gladly do it. But for now, all I can ask is that you be strong and of good cheer as you fight back the disease.
7. It’s no fun being in the hospital! But you are our superhero, and we hope you will be all better soon!
8. Wishing you a super, duper, easy recovery so that you can get back to your life.
9. Your classmates miss you lots at school and hope that you are back in class soon!
10. Your teammates are longing to have you back on the field. Grant their wishes by getting well soon.
Religious ‘Get Well’ Wishes
1. As I close my eyes to pray every night, my only request is that God will heal you speedily. I wish you a quick recovery!
2. Everything happens according to God’s plans. So, don’t feel pressed or upset as God will heal you soon. Just keep your faith strong!
3. God always tests his favorites, keep that in mind! Be brave, be strong! May God bless you with safe and sound health real soon.
4. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
5. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29
6. Hope each day finds you stronger and full of joy. God Bless You.
7. Prayer is the best medicine that doctors don’t write prescriptions for. Don’t worry, I’ll supply you with a healthy dose of prayer.
8. Thinking of you during this time of illness, and praying that you will find strength in the Lord and his never-ending supply of love.
9. Thoughtful prayers are being sent your way with the hopes that you will feel better soon.
10. We don’t always get to know the reasons we go through struggles in this life. But what we know is that there is a bigger plan and it is all in His hands. I am praying for you.
Funny ‘Get Well’ Wishes
1. Germs, like everyone else, find you irresistible! Get well soon!
2. Get well soon so we can make fun of you again and not feel bad.
3. I am not liking the peace of the house. Get well soon and make it noisy like before.
4. I bought you some candy but your doctor said you can’t have them, which works perfectly for me. Get well soon.
5. I knew you wanted some time off, but did you have to take it in the hospital? Seriously, get well soon!
6. I miss getting a stomach ache because of laughing by hearing your stupidity. Get well soon, stupid. Missing you badly.
7. I miss hearing your bad jokes and your funny laugh. Get well soon, joker!
8. I’m sorry to hear that your sick day is due to actual sickness. Get well soon.
9. If all the doctors/nurses were as hot as yours, I’d be sick in the hospital too. Get well soon!
10. Try not to think of it as a hospital stay. Think of it as a spa package that includes meals, regular health evaluations and jello cubes. Get well soon, buddy.
‘Get Well’ Quotes
1. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory ~ George S. Patton
2. Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever ~ Anonymous
3. For sleep, riches and health to be truly enjoyed, they must be interrupted ~ Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
4. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional ~ M. Kathleen Casey
5. The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease ~ Voltaire
6. The best of healers is good cheer ~ Pindus
7. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love ~ Hubert Humphrey
8. The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity — the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor ~ Ralph Bircher
9. There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before ~ Henry David Thoreau
10. Tough times don’t last, tough people do ~ Anonymous
Although not always a thumb rule, a ‘get well soon’ card should begin with a friendly greeting. You can use words like “Hi” or “Dear,” depending on your relationship with the recipient.
After the (optional) greeting, go straight to the message, ensuring that your wishes offer specific hope and encouragement. You can then sign off with a warm goodbye to let the ailing person know that you’re thinking about them and looking forward to their speedy recovery.
We hope you could find a perfect ‘get well soon’ message from the above collection to send to a sick relative, friend, or coworker.