Last Updated on September 13, 2022
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the color blue? The glistening ocean crashing angrily against the shore, pregnant blueberries bursting with juices, or the sky acting as a grand canopy?
Blue is an exotic color. Its refreshing hues and drastic undertones represent an artistic powerplay of the Deity. Blue entices emotions and takes us places in our minds.
This color is stunning. From dark cobalt to light sapphires, all shades of blue are admirable. Each shade affiliates itself with a particular mood, a sensational emotion.
Is blue your favorite color? If yes, you’ll fall in love with these exciting blue quotes!
Best Blue Quotes
1. “There is no doubt that running away on a fresh, blue morning can be exhilarating.”
― Jean Rhys, ‘The Collected Short Stories’.
2. “Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.”
― L. Frank Baum.
3. “Money always ends up making you blue.”
― J. D. Salinger, ‘The Catcher In The Rye’.
4. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal.”
― Marilu Henner.
5. “Be like the bluebird who never is blue, for he knows from his upbringing what singing can do.”
― Cole Porter.
6. “I never get tired of the blue sky.”
― Vincent Van Gogh.
7. “A certain blue enters your soul. A certain red has an effect on your blood pressure.”
― Henri Matisse, ‘Matisse On Art’.
8. “Blue skies, Smiling at me, Nothing but blue skies, Do I see.”
― Ella Fitzgerald, ‘Blue Skies’.
9. “How sweet to be a Cloud. Floating in the Blue!”
― A. A. Milne, ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’.
10. “Midnight blue is the only color that can ever compete with black.”
― Christian Dior.
11. “Blue suggests the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.”
― Yves Klein.
12. “Roll on, thou deep and dark blue ocean.”
― Lord Byron, ‘Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage’.
13. “Where did you get your eyes so blue? Out of the sky as I came through.”
― George MacDonald.
14. “I ripped through the blue shade of the constraints of color.”
― Kazimir Malevich.
15. “Almost without exception, blue refers to the domain of abstraction and immateriality.”
― Wassily Kandinsky.
16. “The true person is;
Not anyone in particular;
But like the deep blue color;
Of the limitless sky,
It is everyone, everywhere in the world.”
― Dōgen, ‘The True Person.’
17. “We all have one idea of what the color blue is, but pressed to describe it specifically, there are so many ways: the ocean, lapis lazuli, the sky, someone’s eyes. Our definitions are as different as we are ourselves.”
― Sarah Dessen.
18. “The sky was a midnight-blue, like warm, deep, blue water, and the moon seemed to lie on it like a water-lily, floating forward with an invisible current.”
― Willa Cather, ‘Sunrise On The Prairie’.
19. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.”
― Eleanora Duse.
20. “Good things are associated with blue, like clear days, more than singing the blues. Just the word ‘blue’ in the singular is full of optimism and positive connotation to most people.”
― David Carson.
21. “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.”
― Diana Gabaldon, ‘Outlander’.
22. “If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.”
― Paul Gauguin.
23. “Blue is, therefore, most suitable as the color of interior life.”
― William H. Gass.
24. “Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions.”
― Yves Klein.
25. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.”
― Judy Garland.
26. “But the sky was never quite the same shade of blue again.”
— Anne Rice.
27. “I held a blue flower in my hand, probably a wild aster, wondering what its name was, and then thought that human names for natural things are superfluous.”
― Sally Carrighar.
28. “The blue of my eyes is extinguished in this night, the red gold of my heart.”
― Georg Trakl.
29. “The fading blue of yesterdays sky is reminding of the hopeless love I told the moon about you.”
― Laura Chouette.
30. “The blue of the sky is one of the most special colors in the world because the color is deep but see-through both at the same time.”
― Cynthia Kadohata, ‘Kira-Kira’.
31. “Blue thou art, intensely blue;
Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?”
― James Montgomery, ‘The Poetical Works of James Montgomery’.
32. “Stars are the daisies that begem; The blue fields of the sky.”
― David Macbeth Moir.
33. “I love the ocean. I’ve always liked the blue, so tranquil and peaceful and gliding. And the fear of it.”
― Siouxsie Sioux.
34. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.”
― John Ruskin, ‘The True And The Beautiful In Nature, Art, Morals, And Religion’.
35. “It’s calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion.”
― Fiona Apple, ‘Sullen Girl’.
36. “The sky slowly pulled up its blue dress to reveal night.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer, ‘Everything Is Illuminated’.
37. “The look of the sky as the day’s blue blood runs out of its cheek.”
― Stephen King, ‘Bag Of Bones’.
38. “…and everything burned in blue, everything a star.”
― Pablo Neruda, ‘100 Love Sonnets’.
39. “I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the heaven so blue above me, and the good that I can do.”
― George Linnaeus Banks.
40. “Blue is the closest color to truth.”
― Steven Tyler.
41. “I need the shade of blue that rips your heart out. You don’t see that type of blue around here.”
― Cath Crowley, ‘Graffiti Moon’.
42. “Blue is the color of peace. Water is blue. I like the color blue because it just puts me at peace. The patriotic symbol is blue. I just like blue.”
― Antonio Brown.
43. “The color blue is no less beautiful because it exists alongside the other colors of a rainbow, and blueness itself depends upon the existence of the other colors, for if there were no color but blue, we would never be able to see it.”
― Ken Wilber.
44. “I’m on the sea! I’m on the sea! I am where I would ever be, With the blue above and the blue below, And silence wheresoever I go.”
― Barry Cornwall, ‘The Sea’.
45. “But my deepest and most secret love belongs to the fair-haired and the blue-eyed, the bright children of life, the happy, the charming, and the ordinary.”
― Thomas Mann, ‘Death in Venice, Tonio Kroger, and Other Writings’.
46. “Blue seems to be overall one of the more positive colors, and a little more serious than yellow.”
― David Carson.
47. “Let the blue sky meet the blue sea, and all is blue for a time.”
― Moncy Barbour.
48. “He battles heart and arm, his own blue sky above him, and his own green land around.”
― Henry Halleck.
49. “One of his tears fell in my mouth, where it became a blue sapphire, source of strength, source of strength and eternal hope.”
― Anita Diamant.
50. “There’s this saying: in an all-blue world, color doesn’t exist… If something seems strange, you question it; but if the outside world is too distant to use as a comparison then nothing seems strange.”
― Alex Garland, ‘The Beach’.
51. “Having talent is like having blue eyes. You don’t admire a man for the color of his eyes. I admire a man for what he does with his talent.”
― Anthony Quinn.
52. “Those blue, blue eyes, icy blue, looking back at me as if I could warm them up. They’re pretty powerful, you know, those eyes, pretty beautiful, too.”
― Lucy Christopher, ‘Stolen: A Letter To My Captor’.
53. “You could drown a kitten in her blue eyes.”
― Gary Shteyngart, ‘Super Sad True Love Story’.
54. “Tall, sandy blonde, with sort of blue eyes, skinny in places, fat in others. An average gal.”
― Uma Thurman.
55. “My baby lives in shades of blue, blue eyes and jazz and attitude.”
― Lana Del Rey, ‘Shades Of Cool’.
56. “His blue eyes were seas where sorrow sailed.”
― Dean Koontz, ‘From the Corner of His Eye’.
57. “Her blue eyes sought the west afar,
For lovers love the western star.”
― Sir Walter Scott, ‘The Lay Of The Last Minstrel’.
58. “Those big blue eyes were swimming, and he was afraid that if the first tear fell, he would break and carry her off anywhere she wanted to go.”
― Nora Roberts, ‘Daring to Dream’.
59. “You have to carry so many archetypes as an actor, especially as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed one.”
― Kristin Lehman.
60. “Blue eyes wash off sometimes.”
― Anne Sexton.
61. “There are places you go, and they say, ‘take off your dark glasses so we can see your beautiful blue eyes.’ And you just want to… you just want to… I dunno, um… thump them.”
― Paul Newman.
62. “You’re my North Star when I’m lost and feeling blue.”
― Tom Waits, ‘Little Trip to Heaven’.
63. “If you’re feeling blue try painting yourself a different color.”
― Hannah Cheatem.
64. “Sometimes sadness is appropriate. Not something to run from, not something to numb… just something to feel.”
― Marianne Williamson.
65. “There are connoisseurs of blue just as there are connoisseurs of wine.”
― Sidonie Gabrielle Colette.
66. “I will do water – beautiful, blue water.”
― Claude Monet.
67. “Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones. It will always stay blue.”
— Raoul Dufy.
68. “But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.”
― Stevie Nicks, ‘Sisters Of The Moon’.
69. “The sun is up, the sky is blue;
It’s beautiful, and so are you.”
― John Lennon, ‘Dear Prudence’.
70. “Never has a pigment been better named than ultramarine blue. Fashionable, even today, in its nomenclature! It is ultra in every way.”
― Karen Fitzgerald.