Last Updated on December 19, 2022
Christians worldwide take pride in the sacred ceremony of Baptism. It is a process where water is sprinkled or poured over a child, after which the baby enters Christianity. These Baptism quotes form the perfect set of phrases to choose from for your child’s Baptism card.
Baptism is a practice that dates back to the second temple period of the jews. Mandaeans of Southern Mesopotamia (followers of John the Baptist) also conduct baptism as a religious ritual.
The procedure of Baptism is subject to variation. Aspersion, affusion, and immersion are all different methods of baptism.
Many of these quotes are taken from The Bible, whereas some root from inspiration and love. We hope you enjoy going through these beautiful Baptism quotes.
Beautiful Baptism Quotes
1. “Children are a gift from the Lord, a child is a reward from Him.”
– Psalm 127:3.
2. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
– James 1:17.
3. “You are the One who put me together inside my mother’s body, and I praise You because of the wonderful way You created me. Everything You do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.”
– Psalm 139:13.
4. “You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.”
– 2 Timothy 3:15.
5. “It would be my joy to baptize you today at our Lake Forest campus of Saddleback Church. Last night I spent 4 hours in our baptism pool baptizing 213 people. Today I start at 9am. Come be baptized! I’ll be baptizing as long as it takes.”
– Pastor Rick Warren.
6. “At Baptism, I received grace — that quality that makes me share in the very nature of God.”
– Mother Angelica.
7. “There are two sides to this baptism: The first is, you possess the Spirit; The second is that the Spirit possesses you.”
– Smith Wigglesworth.
8. “Baptism is faith in action.”
– Watchman Nee.
9. “In order to live a life of holiness, we must first receive new life from God — we must be born from above.”
– J. Vernon McGee.
10. “God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them.”
– John H. Aughey.
11. “He who believes and is baptised will be saved.”
– Watchman Nee.
12. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
– Proverbs 22:6.
13. “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility.”
– Kate Douglas Wiggins.
14. “They was still splashin around and callin my name when I popped up downriver like a bobber on a fishin line, a few shades paler and fulla the Holy Ghost!”
― Ron Hall.
15. “The Church does not dispense the sacrament of baptism in order to acquire for herself an increase in membership but in order to consecrate a human being to God and to communicate to that person the divine gift of birth from God.”
― Hans Urs von Balthasar.
16. “Let the little children come unto Me, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
– Luke 18:16.
17. “Whoever welcomes a child in My name, welcomes Me.”
– Luke 9:46-48.
18.“It would be unjust toward children to introduce them to Christian teaching and existence only as little pagans and catechumens, in order to leave it up to them to choose the Faith on their own responsibility at a point in time difficult to determine.”
― Hans Urs von Balthasar.
19. “We ought to regard the sacrament of baptism with reverence. An ordinance of which the Lord Jesus Himself partook, is not to be lightly esteemed. An ordinance to which the great Head of the Church submitted, ought to be ever honorable in the eyes of professing Christians.”
– J.C. Ryle.
20. “You must be born again.”
– John 3:7.
21. “Jesus answered, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”
– John 3:5.
22. “When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.”
– Proverbs 31:26.
23. “For in one spirit we were all baptized into one body — Jews or Greeks, slaves or free — and all were made to drink of one spirit.”
– 1 Corinthians 12:13.
24. “For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
– Galatians 3:26-28.
25. “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, to give you a future and a hope.”
– Jeremiah 29:11.
26. “Peter replied, ‘Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
– Acts 2:38.
27. “I have held thee in the palm of mine hand.”
– Isaiah 51:16.
28. “Baptism is the initial step of a faithful heart.”
– Max Lucado.
29. “When we were baptized we took upon us not only the name of Christ, but also the law of obedience.”
– Robert D. Hales.
30. “Nothing puts life into men like a dying Savior. A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved.”
– Charles Spurgeon.
31. “God’ Spirit is like a ‘living spring.’ It gives life to our journey, heals us, brings love and meaning, Turn to Jesus, a source of goodness.”
– Phil Mitchell.